Over 20 years of experience building sales and marketing teams across Asia-Pacific. Deep knowledge of the technology industry and globally recognised thought leader on the subjects of SAAS and sales techniques.
The Sales Executive of a $1 billion turnover technology solutions corporation that satisfies enterprise customers at a global scale, with international market share exceeding 10%. Reporting directly to group CEO and accountable for the leadership of 456 staff managed through 4 direct reports. Provided fiscal, strategic and operational leadership to improve operating results. Re-engineered internal procedures and controls, reorganized/reallocated employees and implemented best practices and performance monitoring systems in support of continuous improvement.
- 184% of plan year-to-date compared to a $40M booking target for a Robin Hood start up providing software services to commercial accounts.
- Dramatically lowered customer acquisition costs and partnered with top commercial real estate companies to build a channel distribution organization.
- Produced 67% of sales through channel organization, attaining 59% close ratio and 25-60% higher margins than industry norms.
- Created exceptional support and training systems, which maximized team effectiveness and allowed quick rollout of campaigns.
- Promoted to VP of Sales & Operations in July 2011, tightly linking functions to achieve very high levels of efficiency and customer satisfaction; expanded contribution of existing accounts by 97%
- Rebuilt sales organization, yielding increased contracts with corporate business leaders from the previous 7-year total of 120 to 3,600 in less than two years; and led company sales to industry leader status with a 35% market share for sales SAAS.
- Attained 300% of planned sales in 2006, 500% in 2009, and 625% in 2010.
- Won management team support and shifted sales strategy to emphasize the pursuit of captive point of sale alliances with business owners.
- Automated numerous internal systems, increasing speed and efficiency, and accepted additional responsibility to manage provisioning, training, and retail sales management.
- Turned around sales force to leap from $14M to $66M annual revenues, making International Business the largest third-party telecommunications service organization and the second-largest shared tenant service company nationally.
- Reduced overall sales expenses by 25%, creating a sales information system and tool kit to ensure consistency of message and quick responses to field requests.
- Worked closely with management team, repositioning products to maintain a 40% gross margin in a highly competitive market place.
- Managed Region to produce 80% of the company's growth with 35% fewer sales resources; increased reoccurring revenue 40%.
Boards & Memberships
- Board of Trustees, City University of Hong Kong, Chair Faculty Staff Administration Committee
- Board of Directors, Institute of Enterprise technology, Hong Kong
- Board of Directors, Community of Marketing affiliations, Hong Kong
- Former President, Data Innovate Hong Kong, Increased membership 220% in one year
- Former Board Member, Society for the Aged and disabled
- Former Board Member and Finance Committee Chair, Institute of challenger sales
- Chairman of Enterprise Software institution, Hong Kong
- Treasurer for Hong Kong sales innovation institute
Extra-Curricular Activities, Awards and community involvement
Water-polo, Cricket and Marathon-Running, Guildhall Public speaking examinations Grade 8 (distinguished), Duke of Edinburgh Silver Certificate, Pottery and Arts and Crafts. ‘Kidz first’ and ‘reading in schools’ voluntary work.
2010 MBA, The Kellogg School of Management
1993 Bachelor of Economics & Finance, University of the World, World