Manager, Application Management (Project Management)
Location: Hong Kong
- Manage and ensure project activities of strategic projects and other system projects being conducted according to the plan effectively and efficiently by the project team composing of multiple parties, including IT teams, business users and vendors.
- Utilize project management best practices to manage and ensure project activities of strategic projects and other system projects being conducted according to the plan effectively and efficiently.
- Organize project activities, ensure individual activities are completing on time and budget, and ensure the activities meet the objectives effectively with the support of Subject Matter Experts.
- Identify, assess, monitor and manage project risks and issues, and manage escalations in case the risks and issues are out of track.
- Assess various solutions and vendors for system solutions to align with the technology roadmap and business strategy.
- Produce accurate and concise project dashboards and progress update to project governance bodies including Project Steering Committee and Project Sponsors.
Degree in Computer Studies, or related disciplines.
Minimum 10 years of working experience in Information Technology with at least 4 years of project management on application development projects in insurance, banking or finance sectors.
Solid experience in managing medium to large-scale projects and outsourcing services.
Strong project management skills; good understanding and practical application of project management practices such as Prince and PMP.
Solid application knowledge in insurance, banking and finance systems.
Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
Good leadership, people management, vendor management, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Solid technical knowledge in AIX, Wintel, mobile platform, databases such as Informix, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2 and Oracle, and programming languages such as Microsoft .NET and Java/J2EE.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Application Development
- IBM AIX
- Java Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle Database
- Project Management
- SAP Sybase
- Team Management