If a User is under the age of 18, Jobable Limited would strongly recommend him/her to seek prior consent from a person with parental responsibility for him/her, e.g. parent or guardian, who may contact Customer Support for registering the User as member of the Site.
1. What information do we collect?
Jobable Limited may collect personal information and/or data about a User such as his/her name, log-in ID, address, email address, phone number, age, gender, date of birth, country of residence, nationality, education level and work experience that is/are not otherwise publicly available. Occasionally, Jobable Limited may also collect additional personal information and/or data from a User.
Only duly authorized staff of Jobable Limited will be permitted to access Users’ personal information and data, and Jobable Limited shall not release such personal information and data to any third parties save and except for the circumstances listed out under the section headed “Disclosure or Transfer of Data”.
2. What do we use your information for?
Jobable Limited’s purposes for collecting and using the information and data on the Site include but are not limited to the following:
1. for the daily operation of the services provided to Users;
2. to confirm a Users’ identity;
3. to assist Candidates in finding appropriate employment with Employers and to assist Employers to assess the suitability of candidates for a job vacancy for a wide spectrum of jobs and industries;
4. to provide Users with various services offered by the Jobable application, website, newsletters, job openings and promotional and marketing materials
5. to handle and follow up on enquiries, requests and complaints from Users;
6. to assist Jobable Limited with developments for future marketing and promoting purposes or other internal purposes;
7. to verify the identity of Users who have posted advertisements, materials, representations, messages, views or comments or such other information (collectively “Information”) on the Site;
8. to identify Users who have viewed the Information posted on the Site;
9. to identify Users who have enjoyed their benefits as members of the Site by receiving and using marketing promotional materials;
10. to facilitate Jobable Limited to use the Users’ personal data for the purposes relating to the provision of services offered by Jobable Limited and marketing services and/or special event of Jobable Limited and/or its affiliates;
11. to obtain statistics about Users to analyze usage of the Site in order to help its further development; and
12. for purposes other than the above mentioned which are related to Jobable Limited’s and/or its affiliates’ provision of their product and/or services as Jobable Limited may deem fit.
3. Disclosure or Transfer of Data
Jobable Limited agrees to take all practicable steps to keep all personal information and data of Users confidential and/or undisclosed.
Jobable Limited will only disclose and/or transfer Users’ personal information and/or data to Jobable Limited’s personnel and staff for the purpose of providing services to Users and corporate clients of Jobable Limited who have made specific requests for such information and/or data with Users’ prior consent. However, Jobable Limited may disclose and/or transfer such information and/or data to third parties under the following circumstances:
1. where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any third party suppliers or external service providers who have been duly authorized by Jobable Limited to use such information and/or data and who will facilitate the services on the Site, under a duty of confidentiality;
2. where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any agents, affiliates or associates of Jobable Limited who have been duly authorized by Jobable Limited to use such information and/or data;
4. where Jobable Limited needs to protect and defend its rights and property;
5. where Jobable Limited considers necessary to do so in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Site;
6. where Jobable Limited deems necessary in order to deliver the products and services that we offer and cultivate a positive user experience; and
7. where Jobable Limited deems necessary in order to maintain and improve the services on the Site.
At times, it may be necessary and/or prudent for us to transfer certain personal information and/or data to our companies or service providers outside of Hong Kong SAR or such other countries and jurisdictions where Jobable Limited operates. This may happen if our servers or suppliers and service providers are based overseas or if you use Jobable Limited’s services and products while in such overseas countries and jurisdictions. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information and/or data is used by such overseas third parties in accordance with this policy and that such overseas third parties observe strict confidentiality and data protection obligations.
4. Do we use any information for direct marketing?
We and our affiliates may from time to time send to you newsletters, promotional materials and marketing materials based on the personal information and data that you have provided to us. We may use your information and data in direct marketing and we require your consent (or an indication of no objection) for that purpose.
You may opt out from receiving such marketing communications at any time by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any such request should also clearly state the details of personal data in respect of which the request is being made.
Please note that after opting out, you may still receive non-marketing messages, such as product updates and service notices.
5. Can I access and correct my personal data?
In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance and subject to the exemptions specified in the Ordinance, you have the right to: check whether we hold personal data about you and to receive copies of such data; require us to correct any personal data relating to you which is inaccurate; and ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by us.
In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request. Requests for access to personal data, correction of personal data, information relating to the kind of data held and to stop receiving direct marketing, may be made by sending an email to us at email@example.com.
Any such request should also clearly state the details of personal data in respect of which the request is being made.
6. How do we protect your personal data?
We have ensured wherever possible adequate measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, accidental loss or destruction. Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Jobable Limited service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While we will do our best to protect your information and data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the Jobable Limited service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information and data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Jobable Limited uses a third party service provider to facilitate the electronic payment transactions on the Site.
If we have any reason to suspect that a user is representing another persons data as their own for whatever purposes be it fraudulent or otherwise, Jobable reserves the right to immediately block and suspend the account involved without notice and follow up with relevant authorities.
We do use certain cookies and other similar technologies as part of our Jobable services. The cookies used are for the purpose of enabling you to use the service (for example to enable you to complete a registration or access information) and for us to understand and save your preferences for future visits, keep track of advertisements and compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to disable cookies (through your browser or device settings) although you should be aware that this may prevent you from being able to use all parts of Jobable Limited’s services.
8. Retention of Personal Data
9. Links to Third Party Websites
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on Jobable Limited. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of Jobable Limited and welcome any feedback about these sites.