Senior Manager - Client Relationship Driver - Risk Assurance - HK
Location: Hong KongRolePurpose of the role
As part of Business Development, the role is based in the Risk Assurance business and involves working closely with the firm’s Risk Assurance leader and teams in South China to help support the team to develop client relationships, broaden and deepen relationships with priority clients, identify opportunities, and generate profitable revenue growth.
The primary focus of the Client Relationship Driver is to develop long-term sustainable client relationships with potential and existing clients as well as identifying and converting opportunities to maximise revenue in strategic areas within Risk Assurance.
Key relationships / stakeholders
- Risk Assurance – China South leader
- Risk Assurance Partners and Teams
- Business Development Team
Relationship Management (55% of time) and Pursuits (45% of time)
This will include working with the Risk Assurance team, supporting them to build, manage and co-ordinate relationships with their priority clients to identify and qualify new business opportunities that can be followed up by appropriate members of the teams, as well as ensuring that the clients are receiving the highest level of service across the region.
This will also involve identifying key opportunities for the firm in the market and being involved in the pursuit from beginning to end, bringing in the relevant SMEs as required from across the firm.
You will be required to build and sustain long term relationships with clients to drive revenue. This includes:
- Have an understanding of the structure, key issues, language, and environment of a selection of clients with an ability to discuss and explain current and emerging issues / trends, for example, in data analytics, social media risk and governance within one or more industry sectors around some of the Risk Assurance offerings, including products and services applicable to those needs and effectively engage with executive level clients.
- Consistently and systematically initiate calls and contact with key relationship targets; pursue prospects to secure meetings; win referrals and explore opportunities; solicit information from clients to effectively qualify and scope opportunities
- Use an account and relationship development methodology: Develop relationship effectiveness, including establishing and developing long-term client relationships; effectively represent client needs to ensure appropriate solutions are brought to the client; build trust with clients
- Play an active role in discussing and developing solutions with client teams and clients- understand client business issues and match them to service capabilities/revenue opportunities
- Effectively target buyers and influencers; overcome objections and obstacles to win the business; develop and execute a targeted relationship and account development strategy
- Project executive presence and professionalism sufficient to interact with C-level executives and senior; be able to meet significant targets and goals with minimal oversight and direction on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basis
- Educated to at least degree level
- Understanding of effective account/relationship management/opportunity management processes
- At least 10-12 years work experience
- Fluent English, Putonghua and Cantonese (speaking, reading and writing)
- Outgoing personality with well-developed social and persuasive skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Resilient and self-motivated
- Team player
- Focussed on relationships
- Curiosity and hunger to learn – interest in building their understanding of the firm and its services, and in building their career in the region’s – and the world’s – largest professional services firm.
Nice to have
- Existing network of contacts that can be leveraged
- Understanding of professional services firms (either through experience of working in one or by being a client of one)
- Understanding of PwC
- Proven coaching skills
The firm provides a wide range of services to help organisations solve business issues, identify and maximise opportunities. Our industry specialisation enables us to identify trends and customise solutions for our clients’ individual needs. We are organised into four lines of service: Assurance, Advisory, Tax and Internal Firm Services. Each of these lines of service is staffed by highly qualified, experienced professionals and leaders in our profession. These resources, combined with our global network, allow us to provide our clients with the support they wherever they are located.
In CaTSH we are located in 21 cities, including: Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Macau, Ningbo, Qingdao, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Xiamen and Xi’an.About Business Development in Hong Kong/China
The business development team is part of the Internal Firm Services line of service. It is responsible for driving the establishment and maintenance of strong client relationships and high quality service delivery to the firm’s priority accounts. It does this through working with the firm’s leadership and with relationship partners and account teams across the business. Although the team is run centrally, most team members are physically dispersed around different areas of the business.
- Business Coaching
- Business Development
- Client Relationship Management