- Financial Reporting
Senior Manager-Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services-ASR-HK
Location: Hong KongWe currently have needs for a Senior Manager to join Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services. This group offers high growth where the work is challenging and exciting and the opportunities are endless. In a typical project, we advise and support clients on issues relating to the application of new or complex accounting standards, capital market rules and procedures, including GAAP conversions, capital markets fund raising, cross-border regulatory filings and other regulatory compliance requirements, and M&A related accounting advisory services, etc.
As Senior Manager, you will be:
• leading a team of professionals in delivering advisory services
• maintaining good relationship with clients in order to provide quality advisory services, as well as identifying business opportunities and providing coaching to team members
• supporting business development activities and pursuing potential clients and job opportunities
• For a Senior Manager, at least 8 years of relevant experience from either external audits of listed companies, transaction deals or accounting advisory projects;
• Extensive knowledge, and/or a proven record of success in a project engagement manager role advising multi-national, publicly-traded companies and private equity firms, on a broad range of technical accounting, financial reporting, and capital markets accounting topics, especially the following areas within a client services environment: IPOs, carve-outs/spin-offs, business combinations and/or purchase price allocations, private placements, debt offerings;
• Hands-on experiences and knowledge in US GAAP/IFRS/CAS and auditing technical proficiency, including but not limited to: consolidations, business combinations, share-based compensation, revenue recognition, variable interest entities, preferred shares, restructurings, income tax accounting, derivatives and hedging, fair value assessments, financial instruments;
• Knowledge of common capital markets rules and regulations, including US SEC, A-share and H-share requirements;
• Broad industry experiences preferred;
• Bilingual fluency in English and Chinese languages preferred
• must be an active Certified Public Accountant or equivalent
Business skills required:
• A proven record of establishing and maintain strong clients' relationship;
• Effective project management skills;
• Team player, strong leadership and communication skills;
• Highly motivated and reliable, a proactive self-starter;
• Adaptable to various work environments;
Additional skills preferred:
• Demonstrates extensive abilities and a proven track record of success managing efforts with identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing, collection; maintaining project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues; and preparing complex written and verbal materials.
• Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in a role managing a wide range of Capital Markets accounting and advisory-related projects, consistently demonstrating creative thinking and individual initiative.
• Demonstrates extensive abilities and a proven track record of success, as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust and seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; and participating in various staff recruitment and retention activities.
• Demonstrates team leadership through creating a positive working environment while meeting client expectations; coaching staff including providing meaningful written and verbal feedback in a timely manner; keeping leadership informed of progress and issues; answering questions and providing direction to less-experienced staff.
• Demonstrates a proven thorough ability to write and communicate cogently to clients and industry audiences, including journal articles, practice methodologies and tools, and writing and presenting whitepapers.
• Demonstrates a willingness to conduct business travel when needed, potentially up to 25% of the time.
- Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA)