- Business Development
- Business Plans
- Corporate Communications
- Relationship Management
Senior Manager- Business Development -Financial Services- IFS-HK
Location: Hong KongPurpose of the role:
The role is based in the business development team but involves working closely with the firm’s Financial Services sector leader and the global relationship partner on one of the firm’s iconic clients to help develop client relationships, identify opportunities and maximize revenue.
There are two main dimensions to the role:
Account management (50% of time)
This will include working with the client’s global relationship partner to build, manage and co-ordinate relationships with one of the firm’s iconic clients to identify and qualify new business opportunities that can be followed up appropriate members of the account team, as well as ensuring that the client is receiving the highest level of service across the region.
FS programme management (50% of time)
This will involve working with partners and staff to coach them on building their business relationships, building networks within the firm to ensure the right expertise is brought together to meet clients’ needs, and also working closely with the sector leader determine the FS team’s areas of market focus and business development activity.
Account management activity
- Works with global relationship partner and other partners/staff on the account team to build relationships with client stakeholders through establishing contact, arranging and participating in meetings
- Works with the account administrator to ensure account infrastructure is in place and functioning appropriately – e.g. account team meetings; opportunity tracking and revenue reporting; client events/regular touch points; follow up on opportunities
- Follows up on opportunities with clients to ensure proposals are submitted on time; appropriate expertise is being deployed and deadlines are being met
- Acts as a central point of contact for the account team in HK and across the region; supports effective communication across the account team regionally – e.g. through developing account communications; ensuring information is shared
- Manages ongoing client feedback process
- Designs/manages delivery of the annual global client planning workshop
- Works with the FS sector leader to develop and update the firm wide business plan for the sector
- Works with others in the BD team to drive the development of account infrastructure across FS accounts (e.g. CRM, xLoS account teams, account plans)
- Supports subject matter experts and others in connecting with key clients (e.g. through working with them to develop talking points)
- Builds an effective firm wide network that enables the role holder to bring the most appropriate expertise to bear on individual clients’ needs
- Contributes to and drives the production of thought leadership publications as a tool for client conversations and ensures they are getting into the market
- Coaches partners and staff working on clients on best practice pursuit/opportunity management
- Shares practice and experiences with others working in the FS sector
- As part of the wider business development team, contributes to best practice, knowledge sharing and the coaching of other team members.
- Global Relationship Partner
- HK FS Sector Leader
- FS Partners and Teams
- Business Development Team
- Global account teams
Financial Services Business Development Team Leader, dotted line to the firm FS sector leader and global relationship partner for client management work. Coaches an account administrator.
Mandatory experience and skills:
- Educated to at least degree level
- Understand of the FS and/or Insurance industry
- Understand of effective account/relationship management/opportunity management processes
- At least 10 years work experience
- Fluent English (speaking, reading and writing)
- Outgoing personality with well-developed social and persuasive skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Resilient and self-motivated
- Team player
- Curiosity and hunger to learn – interest in building their understanding of the firm and its services, and in building their career in the region’s – and the world’s largest professional services firm.
- Existing network of contacts that can be leveraged
- Understanding of professional services firms (either through experience of working in one or by being a client of one)
- Cantonese language skills
- Understanding of PwC
- Proven coaching skills written Chinese, conversational in Cantonese and Mandarin a plus.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|