- Competitive Analysis
- Product Development
- Software Development
Product Manager - Ventures_HK
Location: Hong KongJob Description & Responsibilities
As the Product Manager you will lead the development and execution of new Software as a Service product concepts, looking at the product from all angles to make the best decisions for your customer. You will work closely with Client Stakeholders, Tech Leads, and internal SME’s from concept generation to prototype development to client feedback gathering through to the launching of a new product.
PwC is currently seeking individuals who are creative, passionate and motivated to build scalable, differentiated products that make a meaningful change to clients’ business
Responsibilities would include the following:
- Lead product strategy, planning, roadmap and execution to deliver value proposition by defining product requirements, specifications, product timeline, pricing and go-to-market activities, balancing agile product iteration, costs and agile speed to market;
- Interact with Product Sales Lead to understand customer insights, use cases and competitive analysis to prioritise new product opportunities and improvements;
- Drive information gathering on product concept & related business requirements from selected technical SME’s;
- Work closely with development team, project managers, technical team, and business personnel to align business and technical requirements to deliver a marketable product;
- Chair product development discussions with new business teams to craft core concepts of a product;
- Guide new business lead to present the software solution to stakeholders at various junctions on the product development timeline;
- Lead client presentation & evaluation sessions during development of the product; and
- Communicate, resolve risks and issues, and coordinate changes related to product development initiatives, escalate when necessary.
Reporting structure & key relationships
The role will operate in a team of project founders, developers, product managers, project managers, marketers and business analysts. The team ultimately reports to the Chief Technology and Disruption officer PwC.
Line management is through PMO governance.
- At least five years of experience in software development, systems administration, or other technical development;
- At least seven years working as part of the core product development team, with two years of experience leading;
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful technology product through its lifecycle;
- Experience in developing product strategies and effectively communicating recommendations to C-suite management;
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work effectively with cross functional teams;
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar is preferred;
- Excellent English and Mandarin written and spoken skills. Cantonese is a plus; and
- Flexibility to travel is preferred (estimated up to 25%).
Key personal attributes
- Proven success in leading small teams in challenging and collaborative environment Exceptional business acumen and practical knowledge to understand application of current and emerging technologies to deliver business change and realise defined benefits;
- A driven and enthusiastic leader who constantly anticipates problems, seek new ways to fulfil customer needs and improve SaaS product and commercial results;
- Proven track record in achieving significant outcomes through influence and persuasion of multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- Creative problem solving with ability to deliver workable solutions/designs under tight timeframes with limited budgets;
- Innate curiosity and openness to new ideas. Possess a strong passion for learning & understanding new and emerging technologies, techniques, tools, etc.;
- Demonstrate commitment and leadership to the principles of the PwC experience; and
- Self-motivated proclivity to experiment and create.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|