- Contract Negotiation
- Project Management
Senior Network Project Manager
Location: Hong Kong
The Sr. Network Project Manager will implement network projects that vary in complexity for all platforms [IP, Transmission, Voice, Satellite, IT WAN or MSDS]. In addition, the Sr. Network Project Manager will share knowledge, to assist in bringing up the skill levels of less seasoned team members. The duties of this position will include but not limit to the following activities:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as a point of contact, providing accurate, and clearly communicated regular status updates on assigned network project implementations from beginning to end.
- Implementation types will have a variety of complexity, and will also include Pop builds, multi - site, and after-the-fact restoration projects, that can involve IP, Transmission, Voice, Satellite or MSDS and IT WAN networks
- Submit project budgets and capex applications for approval as required, per the approval Grid, and Devolved Authority lists to include providing follow-up as needed to obtain any outstanding information that may be required to obtained IGC, OPSCom, FMCom or EXCom
- Create purchase requisitions (PRs) for equipment, or services of all types as needed for project implementations
- Order facilities / circuits as needed for implementations
- Place orders on vendor on-line systems as required, i.e.: Coresite, Equinix, Global Crossing, etc.
- Follow-up on the status of contract negotiations as needed, if required prior to the submission of orders with collocation or facility providers
- Update all databases and tracking sheets in relation to assigned projects
- Coordinate hardware delivery and installation, and work with vendors to resolve any issues related to order or RMA’s
- Issue Service Commencement Notices for NNI (Partner Interconnections), and project handover documents to PCCW Global Network Operations Centers upon project completion for all POP builds, and those involving circuit installations
- Provide training to new NPMs & NPM Assistants and address queries from NPMs and NPMAs
- Improve personal knowledge of new and existing products and technologies
- At least 5 years Telecommunication experience; Project Management experience is preferable
- PMI Certification
- Prince2 Certification
- Solid understanding of PM Tools Methodology, Risk Management and Stakeholder Management
- Experienced in importing and exporting equipment
- Telecom Technical experience is a plus
- Motivated and self-driven; able and willing to keep updated with the knowledge of latest and existing products and technologies.
- Excellent command of English and Chinese
- Able to adapt to changes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
* Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the posting date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|