Manager, Transmission Engineering
Location: Hong Kong
To support Global Network Services and Network Builds, the Manager will act and support, but not limit to, the following:
- Plan, design and build global network services
- Design, build and implement global transmission network rollout with external POPs and co-location sites
- POP and remote site physical installation, commissioning and service support globally
- Attend field works globally to install; operate; commission and fix problems at ad-hoc or regular basis i.e. North Asia; SEA; Europe and America
- Design and build Transmission Networks globally
- Design, build and manage a Monitoring and Control System to manage and control satellite system locally and remotely
- PCCW Global IP/IPLC/IEPL Rollout Plan in regional area
- Dedicated support team for Mega-I including network build, and service implementation and operational support
- Support and implement global transmission network rollout in regional areas and activities in external POPs and co-location sites
- Provide technical and service support to the NOC/GSOC where it is a working window with local and external facilities
- Carry out second tie operational support and fault diagnosis for some potential fault cases and system / design based issues
- Support local network design, product development and enhancement
- Support pre-sales customer activities and post-sales operations issues
- Support service provisioning
- Manage vendors and suppliers in project and network activities
- Produce engineering, planning and operations document/papers
- At least 8 years working experience with sizeable network operators / vendors etc.
- Degree or higher education, or equivalent qualifications in Electronics, Telecommunications, IP/Information Technology, or related disciplines. Less qualification will also be considered.
- Knowledgeable with working experience in Ethernet and Transmission Networks and Services including DWDM, SDH/SONET, Ethernet Technologies and protocols.
- Working experience in engineering, design and planning in sizeable network projects and infrastructure builds.
- Good track records in sizeable engineering projects and strong project management and leadership skills
- Good team player with initiative and good communication skills.
- May require working at irregular hours when needed.
- Suitable candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant Manager
- Product Development
- Project Management