- Apache Struts
- Database Development
Assistant Manager, Software Development
Location: Hong Kong
Designs, develops and implements web-based applications to support business requirements, leads small teams of developers, follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing, resolves technical issues through debugging, research and investigation.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and test in-house web and mobile applications
- Manage small teams of developers and ensure deliverables meet our controls & standards.
- Interact with users globally to understand business requirements so that they can develop new features and technical specifications
- Create documentation like functional specifications, test cases and user guides and on occasion, conduct application training for users
- Perform application support, testing and trouble shooting
- Evaluate and propose new software products and assist on IT project implementations
- Coordinate with internal support team to formulate requirements and follow up with external vendors to coordinate upgrades or support off the shelf or customized software
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Undergraduate Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline required
- At least 6 years of solid web application/GUI development experience required, with at least 2 years experience of leading teams of developers
- Familiarity with various frameworks including AngularJS, JQuery, Struts, Hibernate, etc.
- Work experience and knowledge on CSS, JSON, XML, RESTFul API, SOA, etc.
- Solid skills in PHP coding is high desirable.
- Experience in database development is a must
- Knowledge of version control techniques
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to analyze, develop and debug code a must
- Able to complete projects on time while following best coding practices
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven creative, analytical, and detail-oriented abilities
* Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the posting date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|