Railway Protection Inspector (Safety & Risk)
Location: Hong Kong
Arup is a global firm of planners, designers, engineers and consultants with over 12,000 employees working in more than 90 offices across more than 40 countries. The firm is the creative force behind many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable projects. Our Asia offices employ over 3,000 staff and are engaged in prestigious multidisciplinary projects covering buildings, infrastructure, transportation, structural, environmental and industrial areas. We embrace diversity and inclusion in all aspects including individual differences and open-mindedness. Currently we are looking for a capable and independent individual for the following position as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
• Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or equivalent
• A member of HKIE will be an advantage
• A recognized certificate holder in construction safety, or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience with 5 years working on MTRCL property developments or railway projects adjacent to existing railway facility
• Good knowledge of railway protection legislation and Railway Safety Rules as well as MTRCL requirements to comply with railway safety
• Previous experiences in risk and safety site supervision (preferably for Railway Projects adjacent to existing railway facility or similar) / risk register monitoring and provide inputs as needed / review and comment on Contractor’s safety plans and method statements / site inspection and safety and risk matters reporting
• Be adaptable and able to work independently coupled with strong interpersonal skills
• Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
This position will be on a contract basis to work at the site in Yuen Long for 52 months which may be lengthened or shortened subject to project development. Standard working hours will be 6 days per week, shift work may be required. Attractive remuneration package with gratuity will be offered to the successful candidate.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Applicants not contacted within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.
- Member, Hong Kong Institute of Engineers (HKIE)
- Occupational Health & Safety