- Product Development
Wearables Hardware Engineer
Location: Hong Kong Island
Origami Labs ("Origami Group Limited") is a consumer wearables startup that's developing products that solve real human needs. We use ground-breaking voice interfaces and software and bone conduction hardware, to build revolutionary and stylish ways for us to interact with our smart devices and with each other.
Our flagship product is ORII, the world’s first smart ring that gives wearers the fastest way for sending messages. In summer 2017, ORII launched on Kickstarter and raised over US$330K and garnered 200 media mentions, including TechCrunch, Engadget, Mashable, The Verge, GQ, and Hypebeast.
Engadget: “A more natural way of interacting with my voice assistant.”
Mashable: “It’s literally never been easier to take a call.”
Hypebeast: “The next step forward in wearable tech.”
We founded Origami Labs in 2015 to bring together pioneering people and innovative technology to improve life in real ways. Our team is backed by PE/VC investment, HK Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, Cyberport incubation, and a Silicon Valley wearables/IOT accelerator.
The Hardware Engineer for Wearables supports critical product development, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing activities. The position is intended for a highly motivated candidate with a passion for open-ended, hands-on product development and a desire to learn about consumer electronics design and bringing innovative products to market. This position reports to the Head of Product Development and will also work closely with the Head of Manufacturing & Logistics.
• Work with our cross-functional teams to define product requirements/tradeoffs and translate into specifications
• Hands-on ability to make proof of concept prototypes for testing product features
• Imagination to explore the possibilities of next generation functionality through hardware, firmware and app integration
• Assist with the coordination with engineering and manufacturing partners to bring up production
• Conduct component sourcing and selection research
• Work in fast pace team setting in collaboration with marketing and design
• Studied Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering, or relevant work experience
• Experience in a good mix of hardware prototyping, bluetooth protocols, and firmware development valuable
• Experience with CAD (Pro E, Rhino, Solidworks etc) helpful
• A team player with high level of curiosity and passion for startups and product development
• Strong written and spoken English is required; Cantonese and Mandarin speaking helpful
• A good sense of humor is always a must!
- Willing to sponsor working visa for qualified candidates
- Office is based in Cyberport
- MPF and health insurance
- Salary HKD14.5 - 17.5K/month
If you have a hunger to build something new and you have what it takes to join a dynamic, experienced team, we want you on board!
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|