- Project Management
- Relationship Management
Technical Lead, Software & Applications Development
Location: Hong Kong Island
Origami Labs ("Origami Group Limited") is a consumer wearables startup that's developing products that solve real human needs. We use ground-breaking voice interfaces and software and bone conduction hardware, to build revolutionary and stylish ways for us to interact with our smart devices and with each other.
Our flagship product is ORII, the world’s first smart ring that gives wearers the fastest way for sending messages. In summer 2017, ORII launched on Kickstarter and raised over US$330K and garnered 200 media mentions, including TechCrunch, Engadget, Mashable, The Verge, GQ, and Hypebeast.
Engadget: “A more natural way of interacting with my voice assistant.”
Mashable: “It’s literally never been easier to take a call.”
Hypebeast: “The next step forward in wearable tech.”
We founded Origami Labs in 2015 to bring together pioneering people and innovative technology to improve life in real ways. Our team is backed by PE/VC investment, HK Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, Cyberport incubation, and a Silicon Valley wearables/IOT accelerator.
We are looking for an experienced technical project manager to support the entire critical software and application development function. The role works closely with the CEO, Head of Product Development, and our Technical Advisor and is perfect for candidates with hands-on experience, who want to stretch their project management and relationship management muscles.
• Be the software and applications development point of contact to drive the progress of ring and app functionality.
• Own the management and communication product launch roadmap and troubleshooting
• Provide thought leadership and day-to-day solutions to support development
• Nurture strong relationships with outside partners and industry contacts
• Computer Science / Engineering B.S, M.S or degree
• At least 2 years software and/or applications development experience, ‘wearables’ experience a big plus
• Team mindset with strong communication and people skill
• Experience in Scrum development will be beneficial
• Fluent English speaking and writing is required, Cantonese and Putonghua a plus
• A sense of humor is always a must!
1. Willing to sponsor working visa for qualified candidates
2. Office is based in Cyberport
3. MPF and Health Insurance
4. Salary HKD16.5K - 19.5K/month
If you have a hunger to build something new and you have what it takes to join a dynamic, experienced team, we want you on board!