You may also like
Consultant – Digital Design Implementation
Ove Arup and Partners
Project Halley - Technical Workstream , Actuarial, M / AM - Discount Rate Technical an Execution Su
AIA Group Limited
Project Halley - Execution Workstream - IFRS 17 Implementation and Analytics-Senior Business An
AIA Group Limited
Project Halley - Execution Workstream - IFRS 17 Implementation and Analytics | Assistant Manag
AIA Group Limited
- Financial Reporting
VP / SVP, Cash & Trade Implementation Head, Global Transaction Services
- Cash Management
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Oracle Database
- Product Management
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Technical Support
Technical Implementation Consultant - PMS
Intermediate implementation professional who analyzes customer needs, configures the solution, and installs it at the customer site.
Ensure the solution meets specifications and functions per customer specific operational work flow for multiple concepts, users, and service models. Resolve any gaps in functionality. Train the staff on the use of the new solution, and take the site live on the system after everything has been configured and everyone is trained. Ensure a smooth transition to the new system. Answer operational and application questions and consult the customer in a manner to transfer ownership of the system to the customer. After "go-live", provide technical support to the customer.
2-5 years of overall experience in relevant roles. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the installation of the Hotel Systems product suite and its Oracle platform.
- Install, configure and test all peripheral interfaces to 3rd party vendor systems, such as Call Account Systems, Point of Sales Systems, Door-lock Systems etc.
- In-depth knowledge on hotel systems, Oracle database and various interfaces.
- Impart knowledge and best practices for on-going system maintenance.
- Work with the Clarify global support system and 2nd level support on client issues or requests for enhancements.
- Work with the Product Manager & Support Consultants to ensure service level requirements are exceeded.
- Obtain and retain certification in the most current version of Oracle database administration
- Active participation in education and collaboration forums.
- Participate in quality assurance of new product and/or version release software when required.
- Submit timely and accurate project status and other required reports.
- Maintain customer’s satisfactory within and beyond our organization.
- Show competent in and out of projects.
- Provide technical consultancy on different perspectives.
- Able to travel extensively within your region and be away from home for extended periods of time.
- Willing to work with a wide variety of cultures.
- Currently hold a valid passport.
- Willing to work overtime, overnight, weekends and public holidays as requested.
- Any other tasks or duties as required by management when require.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum two years’ experience in installing/configuring Hotel Systems or other enterprise software applications.
- Minimum two years’ experience in Hospitality I.T. position or relevant.
- Under-graduate degree in the field of Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Experience in current Windows Server Operating Systems, network components and system storage and backup utilities
- Oracle Certified Associate 10g/11g or higher
- Experience in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written & spoken English and Cantonese; conversant in Putonghua.
- Relevant technical accreditation, such as OCA, OCP, MCSE, MCDBA, MCITP, CCNA etc.
- Experience in Oracle RAC, DG installation and maintenance
- Knowledge of hotel Front Office operating procedures.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Project management skills.
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
· Experience in a customer-facing role, preferably with a software professional services organization or consulting background is preferred.
- Able to work effectively with internal & external customers at all levels.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Creative thinking abilities to create new ideas and think 'outside the square'.
- Team player in both the local office and wider company teams.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Flexibility with people and time.
- Determination to get the job done to time
|Qualification||Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP ), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|