- Apache DB
- Apache Hadoop
- Oracle Database
Systems Analyst 3-Support
Location: HK-HK,Hong Kong-Causeway Bay
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will interface with the customer*s IT staff on a regular basis. Either at the client*s site or from a remote location, you will be responsible for resolution of moderately complex technical problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use and repair/workarounds for Oracle products. You should be highly experienced in some Oracle products and several platforms that are being supported. You will be expected to work with only general guidance from management while advising management on progress/status.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction is essential. A Bachelor*s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience is preferred with five years related experience. Experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools is important.
- Good understanding of Cloud Stack and Architecture.
- Managing database and related products in the Cloud.
- Assisting customers in their Journey to Cloud – transition from On Premises Database environments.
- Supporting customer Databases and related products in Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud.
- Proactively working with ACS customers to ensure their successful deployment of the Oracle. Database and related products in On Premises and Cloud environments.
- Experience of any of the following would be a definite advantage
- Oracle Engineered Systems (i.e. Exadata)
- Rest API
- Bigdata / Hadoop
- MySQL / TimesTen
- Virtualization Platforms
- Available to work in 24X7 capability for critical support
- Expert knowledge of Oracle Database, Oracle RAC, Oracle ASM.
- Strong DBA skills and relevant working experience with Oracle Database 11g, and 12c
- Oracle GoldenGate and/or MySQL Skills are highly desired
- Experience with Non-Oracle To Oracle migration skills will be an advantage
- Experience implementing high availability features of Oracle Database
- Experience with Exadata and Enterprise Manager12c & 13 is plus
- Experience with Database Security products like Db Vault, Audit Vault etc..
- Experience in application tuning at Database level
- Sharp technical troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of Oracle support processes
- Ability to manage escalated technical situations & develop action plans
- Ability to facilitate issues with Development and Support
- Strong analytical skills
- At least 8 plus years of experience with Oracle Database as a DBA/Apps DBA/Consultant/Support Engineer
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Oracle OCM / OCP DBA certifications
- Some travel may be required for training or customer visit
- Good Communication Skill in English, Cantonese & Putonghua
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|