- Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS)
Storage Business Development Manager, HK & Taiwan
Location: HK-HK,Hong Kong-Causeway Bay
Overlay sales personnel providing specialist product expertise to the sales force.
Partners with Account, Technology, and Application sales representatives to qualify and close new business on Oracle solutions. Provides specific industry or product expertise to facilitate the closing of deals within sales representatives territory. Interacts with sales team to architect the solution, and develop and execute solution strategies for market. Manages solution opportunities to obtain appropriate and necessary resources for all qualified opportunities. Leads teams in the sales process for establishing market visibility and deal visibility. Presents/demonstrates solution to high level clients and industry conference attendees. May provide training to field sales on industry/solutions. Builds and maintains a network and up to date specific industry or product knowledge.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years applicable experience preferred. Subject matter expertise in industry/product space. Knowledge of key industry leaders and management. Knowledge of Oracle competition. Presentation and product demonstration experience. Previous consultative selling experience preferred. Excellent communication, negotiating, and closing skills with prospects and customers. Travel may be needed. BA/BS degree in related field.
Storage Business Development, inside of the APAC Hardware Systems Business Group, is a team of dedicated domain experts focused on maximising the opportunity for Oracle’s storage products. Developing strategy, executing short and long term plans, sharing best practices, pinpointing opportunities, supporting sales resources and engaging directly with customers and partners in target opportunities are just some of the ways that we provide support and ensure our products meet and exceed their goals.
By providing unique product sales expertise for Oracle’s storage offerings, the Business Development Manager –- in concert with Divisional and Regional Hardware Sales management - defines, communicates, and manages the implementation of the territory’s storage strategy and supports specified High-End opportunities crucial to the achievement of that strategy. This Specialist (1) coordinates the relevant commercial and technical resources within Oracle to ensure that the territory’s sales strategy is reflective of all appropriate inputs, (2) drives enablement of the sales teams through selective training, sales collateral, and sales programs and tactics, and (3) ensures that Oracle resources are deployed effectively in support of key high-end opportunities. This Sales role typically operates in a one-to-many customer relationship model and provides a highly visible customer-facing presence at all stages in the Sales Cycle.
* Provide sales experience, subject matter expertise, and high-level technical assistance in Enterprise business solutions in support of the identification, qualification, development, and closing of strategic and tactical sales opportunities with a particular emphasis on Oracle Storage systems.
* In collaboration with local Sales Management and APAC Business Development team, the Specialist is responsible for defining and driving the territory’s Storage sales strategy and product GTM to achieve agreed revenue and product goals.
* Identify and share best practices from around the world for selling Oracle Storage.
* Work closely with the local Applications, Database, Server and Engineered Systems sales and Global Sales Support teams to maximize cross-selling opportunities.
* Provide assistance with
account planning and drive migration in large customers to the latest
Enterprise product set.
* Work with the Partner organization to formulate optimal GTM strategies to drive Enterprise product revenue goals through the extended partner community.
* Build credibility with a customer's executive management team by articulating a crisp understanding of their business issues and the positive impact of the Oracle Storage solutions.
Skills and Competencies:
* Demonstrated ability to position solutions to key accounts and partners
* Strong knowledge of the HK/TWN storage market and Oracle Storage products, solutions and ability to drive successful sales by appropriately linking a customer's business requirements to the products and solutions.
knowledge of the competitive products, solutions and sales tactics.
* Demonstrated ability to develop strong account relationships and sell to all levels of an account.
* Intimate knowledge, through experience, of the sales process for information technologies.
* Demonstrated track record of achieving sales goal and has strong mix of strategic and tactical sales expertise.
* Skilled at working virtual teams and influencing others to implement specific solution sales strategies.
* Able to communicate previous learning and experience to promote confidence in proposed Oracle solution during customer negotiations and discussions.
* Creative thinking by combining products and services able to identify new business opportunities, ability to assess, plan and execute in uncertain environments.
* Strong verbal, written and presentation skills in English and Cantonese
Excellent customer-facing skills
* Strong team-working skills