- Customer Service
- Oracle Database
- Product Development
- Project Management
Sales Performance Training Instructor 4
Location: AU-AU,Australia-North Ryde
Responsible for delivering training on Oracle methodologies or product/solutions to sales and sales consulting personnel. Ensures successful delivery of training engagements with a high level of satisfaction. Provides sales or Oracle domain expertise in one or more skills or solution areas. Work with Sales, Product Marketing, Product Development and other counterparts to facilitate training content development and delivery. Become the knowledge expert on areas of delivery.
Facilitate meeting or exceeding customer satisfaction targets by delivering quality training in classroom environments and or over the Web. Maintain deep knowledge and skill level while demonstrating expertise for all designated topics, plus additional, complementary topics and/or best practices. Articulate at a granular level a respective concept or solution*s vision, capabilities, business value during offerings to both sales and sales consulting audiences. Consult/work with Subject Matter Experts, Sales Performance Designers, etc., in order to deliver the material in an effective and engaging way. Provide analysis and feedback on training events to program teams or management regarding training results. Meet or exceed utilization expectations. Successfully manage the training environment while reporting and resolving issues. Act as subject-matter expert when called upon for curriculum development. Provide mentoring, certification of other instructors and related leadership tasks.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Recognized as a subject-matter expert within Oracle. Excellent presentation, communication and writing skills. Ability to multi-task and superior time-management skills. Ability to handle diverse groups of employees, including an international audience. Ability to establish credibility and create confidence quickly and easily. Excellent organization and prioritization skills with a strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines. Maintain high student satisfaction scores on post-class surveys. Instructor certification in 3 or more different Oracle products/skill courses. Teaches in special situations such as custom courses for specific audiences (Oracle Direct versus Global Business Unit versus Alliances and Channels. Possesses broad industry knowledge. Business travel of up to 75 percent annually may be expected of this position. Typically at least 8 years of experience with 7 years of sales or sales consulting experience, 4 years of experience teaching at Oracle or another company. Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
We are looking for an experienced pre-sales executive who has a passion for leading the enablement of a group of specialist pre-sales consultants across APAC. The APAC Oracle Sales Academy (OSA) is responsible for leading the sales training efforts for the sales force in Oracle across Asia Pacific markets. You’ll need to have at least 5 years of experience in a pre-sales role (or 10 years in sales) with strong stakeholder management, a consultative approach and outstanding program management skills. Strong presentation and facilitation skills are ideal to support you in your role as classroom facilitation and trainer of sales skills.
You’ll be working in a respected team both to assess training and development needs within the region, as well as working with global program leads to bring state-of-the-art technical training to the region. There will be some travel involved with both domestic and international assignments (approximately 25-50%).
This position is primarily responsible for the management and execution of the OSA strategic initiatives designed for our pre-sales professionals. In addition, the pre-sales performance partner is responsible for understanding the development needs of the pre-sales community and for the delivery of learning programs in the region. The role is highly collaborative, involving working with global and regional program teams, regional OSA sales performance partners and delivery teams to execute the delivery of programs across the region.
The role also involves working with the regional OSA performance partners to establish and implement an overall sales readiness strategic program budget and direction, set delivery standards, as well as work with OSA management and other Oracle stakeholders to ensure their requirements are met. It is a hands-on role requiring an eye for detail.
· Understanding of Oracle’s solutions.
· Experience in managing, interacting and influencing senior level stakeholders.
· Excellent program management and project management skills.
· Ability to lead sales skills training programs.
· Consultative approach to identifying, assessing and prioritizing requirements.
· Exceptional commitment and standards to customer service.
· Flexibility and agility to operate in a dynamic environment.
· Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
· Problem solving abilities.
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
· High level of discipline to work practices and an eye for detail
· Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Build execution plans that align the OSA regional efforts with the direction of the Oracle Sales Consulting business and the OSA global and regional management Teams.
- Work with internal OSA groups to plan and execute delivery of the plan.
- Supervise and direct a team of OSA and SME resources focused on training and delivery.
- Work with the global strategic program development team as needed to facilitate courseware development efforts to maximize the re-usability of materials and IP.
- Work with the global tools and technology team to coordinate program delivery efforts.
- Meet with employees, partners, and vendors, when necessary, to plan work and solicit feedback and requirements.
- Coordinate with the logistics and execution team to manage the RFP and vendor selection process for purchased programs and event sites as needed.
- Establish a vision and goals for the delivery of sales training programs that align with the overall OSA direction, and adapt the goals based on changes in that direction throughout the year.
- Make strategic and tactical decisions that directly affect the delivery of OSA Programs.
- Determine and establish specific policies and processes that impact the delivery and execution of programs.
- Recognized as a program expert within Oracle for OSA training programs, and can be called upon as a resource to handle difficult or complex issues related to delivery and execution of training programs.
- Apply knowledge, skills, and experience to create new approaches, processes, and systems for delivery of training programs.
- Analyze and challenge current working methods to create improvements in processes and results.
- Handle complex problems that arise in everyday work and escalate more complex problems.
Position-Specific Decision-Making Authority
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Assist in building and managing the annual training development and delivery strategy and budget for employee
Degree level qualification minimum and relevant training qualifications would be an advantage.
Key Competencies such as
Persuasiveness/Sales Ability, Written and Oral Communication Skills, Customer
Service Skills, Technical Aptitude, Learning Ability, Teamwork, Initiative,
This is a full time non-commissioned role.