Desktop Support Engineer
Location: Tsing Yi
This role interacts closely with the Desktop Support Manager for APAC and the rest of the Enterprise Technology Services to provide technical expertise and support for any associated systems, in particular desktop systems within our warehouse, so an understanding of Distribution Centre hardware and applications would be desirable. This position will also interact with our UK Service Desk to ensure tickets are fulfilled locally.
There will be third party interaction for services supplied to the business to ensure every supplier delivers break/fix service according to agreed timelines.
The primary function of this role is to provide desktop support within an office and warehouse environment, with a secondary function to support, learn and develop in the arena of server and application support.
This role requires excellent technical and communication skills as well as initiative to ensure consistent delivery of quality services. It is necessary that a first class awareness of the environment across all platforms is understood and that this awareness is articulated clearly at all times. It is a key requirement that regular updates of workflow, project progress and key activities are communicated to the line manager. In addition it is imperative that Service Desk queues are monitored and updated in accordance with the service desk processes and assigned tasks.
Working as part of the Enterprise Technology Services to ensure that all desktop, server, network and telephony components are monitored and available to meet the target of 99.9% uptime
- Providing support for all Windows and Mac based services and applications
- Providing end user support on all corporate platforms including (not limited to) mobile devices, hand scanners, shipping software, terminal lockdown, warehouse systems
- Providing regular maintenance and updates to all applications and desktop hardware
- Monitoring all Hong Kong desktop systems to ensure error detection as early as possible
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams. Ensuring the security of desktop and mobile devices
- Ensuring uptime of all desktop systems in line with any SLAs
- Providing regular progress reports to APAC Desktop Support Manager
- Ensuring assigned working tasks are kept up to date and that support issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensuring sufficient monitoring and alerting is in place for all relevant desktop systems
- Keeping asset and change management systems up to date at all times
- Documenting all work and ensuring measures are in place to allow others to pick up support and project work where necessary
- Provide hardware and software support and solutions to end users on desktop and laptop problems
Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- At least three years hands-on technical support experience in Windows and Mac environment
- Able to proactively identify, manage, and resolve issues arising from the support process in a timely manner
- Ability and experience in preparing procedures, workflows and related documentation
- Hands-on experience in supporting Exchange e-mail, mobile devices, SCCM, communication tools, VPN and remote desktop user support in a corporate network environment
- Familiar with Microsoft Active Directory
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Able to communicate effectively in English and Putonghua
- Good initiative, able to work well under pressure, good user relations
- Able to work well either on one’s own, or part of a team
- Quick learner with a ’can-do’ attitude
This role is based in our Distribution Centre in Tsing Yi, with occasional assignments to be delivered in corporate office at Wan Chai. Occasional travelling to the Mainland/overseas countries may be required
Your office hours will be 40 hours per week working Monday to Fridays. Need to available to work an occasional weekend day or evening for a special project. You are required to be part of 7*24 on-call support roster.
Please send us an updated CV and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suited to YOOX NET-A-PORTER Group and this role, and apply directly on our website: www.net-a-porter.com/careers, or you can send in your application directly to our Recruitment Inbox (quoting the Job Reference in your subject header) at [email redacted, apply via Jobable] .
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
(Data collected will be kept in strictest confidence, and used for recruitment purpose only.)
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer. The Group is a Global company with Anglo-Italian roots, the result of a game-changing merger, which in October 2015, brought together YOOX GROUP and THE NET -A-PORTER GROUP; the two companies had revolutionized the luxury fashion industry since their birth in 2000.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is a unique business with an unrivalled offering including multi-brand in-season online stores NET-A-PORTER, MR PORTER, multi-brand off-season online stores YOOX and THE OUTNET, as well as numerous ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES, all “Powered by YNAP". Through a joint venture established in 2012, YOOX NET -A-PORTER GROUP has partnered with Kering to manage the ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES of several of the French Group's luxury brands.
Uniquely positioned in the high growth online luxury sector, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP has an unrivalled client base of more than 2.5 million high-spending customers, 27 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and combined 2015 net revenues of €1.7 billion. The Group has offices and operations in the United States, Europe, Japan, China and Hong Kong and delivers to more than 180 countries around the world. YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP. For further information: www.ynap.com.
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange Server