- Building Services
Project Engineer (E&M)
Location: Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Government’s Environmental Protection Department (EPD) awarded Contract EP/SP/69/12 (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment [WEEE] Treatment Facility) to ALBA Integrated Waste Solutions (Hong Kong) Ltd (ALBA) on 31 March 2015.
ALBA's scope of work comprises design, construction, operation and maintenance of the WEEE facility to collect, treat and recycle regulated WEEE (televisions, washing machines, refrigerators, air conditioners and computer products under the proposed mandatory producer responsibility scheme for WEEE). Design and construction is programmed to be undertaken over two years and the project is scheduled to be operational in May 2017.
As Independent Consultants (IC), Mott MacDonald Hong Kong Limited (MMHK) will check ALBA's design and certify it complies with the Contract requirements (certified design becomes Registered Design). Subsequently MMHK will certify ALBA constructs the Works in accordance with the Registered Design. MMHK was jointly appointed by ALBA and EPD to undertake the assignment.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for verifying that mechanical and electrical components are erected, assembled, tested and commissioned in compliance with the specification, Codes of Practice and prevailing legislation and in accordance with the Registered Design.
- Checking compliance of the Contractor’s submissions relating to methods of construction and design changes
- Undertaking inspections at predetermined stages in the process
- Undertaking ad hoc inspections, such that compliance with agreed methods of working is monitored and deficiencies noted
- Providing factual reports to the Independent Consultant and, to the extent required by the specification or other formal agreement, to the Contractor
- Verifying accuracy of as-built drawings and other records
- Attending meetings
- Corporate Member of HKIE in Electrical/ Mechanical or Building Services Discipline
- Degree holder in Electrical/ Mechanical or Building Services Discipline
- At least 5 years of practical experience in electrical and mechanical engineering of buildings
- Experience of industrial or transport-infrastructure buildings will be an advantage.
- Familiar with the codes of practice and general practice relating to MEP work in Hong Kong which shall include both design and, in particular, experience on site during construction, installation or refurbishment.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Qualification||Member, Hong Kong Institute of Engineers (HKIE)|