- Data Mining
- Due Diligence
- External Audit
- Report Writing
VP, PWM Due Diligence Asia Pacific
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
- Work under the guidance of the Asia Pacific Head of Due Diligence to deliver an effective DD program for the firm.
- Managing a regional team.
- Overall responsibility for case management and adherence to client SLAs.
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks given by the CSI management team.
- Review regional due diligence reports prepared by the team.
- Conduct review of information and sources for accuracy, reliability and relevance in assessing risk.
- Work closely with Business Risk Officers, Financial Crimes Group officers and other Firm committees when a material due diligence finding has been identified.
- Provide updates as required to senior management, global counterparts and Chief Operating Officers of Business Units within the Firm.
- Manage, develop and implement regional policies and procedures, to ensure that the DD program is effective and compliant.
- Manage, develop and maintain a robust due diligence vendor pool to ensure that the firm get the most comprehensive and relevant DD product at the most competitive price.
- Continually enhance all aspects of the process to keep pace with the needs of the firm and the changes in the regulatory landscape.
- Represent the function in all internal external audit/review/testing engagements.
- Develop training materials related to due diligence process.
- Around 8 years of work experience, 5 of which should be in core Due Diligence in Asia.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leadership roles managing multi-national teams.
- Excellent people and communication skills in a culturally diversified environment.
- Proficient in English and would be desirable to have Mandarin language skills.
- Proven track record of managing complex cases using source commentaries and field investigations.
- Hands on experience in desktop information retrieval and knowledge of on-line databases and data mining tools.
- Strong investigation and report writing /reviewing skills.
- Ability to build and comply to processes with a keen eye for details.
- Ability to deal with and articulately brief senior management on cases.
- Experience of managing DD vendors / sub-contractors.
- Good understanding of the current and developing business and political affairs within the Asia Pacific region.
- Good knowledge of regulatory frameworks related to AML/Sanctions/Anti-Corruption in the banking industry.
- Passionate about DD and having the ability to excel in a challenging environment.
- Graduate from an internationally reputed university.
- Certification in Anti Money Laundering and Fraud Examination will be desirable.