You may also like
Associate Director, Strategic Risk
AIA Group Limited
- Economic Capital
- Financial Risk
Senior Manager, Technology Risk
AIA Group Limited
Senior Financial Risk Analyst (Insurance ALM Focus)
- Asset Liability Management
VP, Risk & Control, Technology & Operations
Assistant Operational Risk / Operational Risk Manager
Bank of China
- Change Management
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Internal Audit
- Operational Risk
- Process Improvement
- Risk Management
- Stress testing
- Wealth Management
Technology - Asia Business Technology Risk Officer & Banking Lead, Executive Director, Hong Kong
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology Information Risk (TIR) enables the Firm to manage risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices which protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TIR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology understands how to manage, escalate and monitor risk.
Asia Business Technology Risk Officer & Banking Lead
The Asia Business Technology Risk officer team ensures technology and information risks are effectively identified, assessed, controlled, managed and reported. They provide risk management awareness through effective communication, consultation and service to the client. This opportunity will provide the individual with a chance to liaise with senior members of the firm to lead top initiatives and engage with regulatory bodies and teams across multiple markets in the Asia region. In addition, this role will lead the banking entities in consistent Risk Management processes & develop best practices to further improve the efficiency & effectiveness of the team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Team lead for the Asia Banking Business Technology Risk Officers to deliver effective & efficient risk management practices
- Coordinate regional technology audit/regulatory activities and reporting, negotiations, and responses
- Perform advisory role related to local market regulations, Firm Policy & procedures, System dependencies, division best practices
- Build strong relationships with Senior Technology, Business and Compliance stakeholders across the region to drive continuous improvement on Technology Risk/Project governance processes
- Manage and deliver region specific Technology Risk change and firm-wide remediation programs
- Ensure disaster recovery, business continuity and stress testing standards are defined, documented and conducted regularly
- Promote risk education and awareness and provide senior management summaries as appropriate
- Participate in the Risk related forums to help promote / champion the operational risk agenda across the organization and help enhance the overall risk culture.
- Support standardization in risk management processes and procedures, and ensure adherence to company tools and applications
- Knowledge of the financial services industry; preferably in an investment bank with sales and trading, wealth management, finance, operations, technology or internal audit background.
- Strong Project Management and/or PMO background
- Technology Professional with 10+ years of experience
- Knowledge and experience of the regulatory environments within Asia e.g. HKMA, MAS, CBRC
- Knowledge of Software development lifecycle and change management either through technology project management or developer/quality assurance experience.
- Strong analytic and problem solving/process improvement skills; ability to learn quickly and solve poorly defined problems
- Excellent verbal and written skill with ability to create high quality written products that are comprehensive, accurate, and tailored to the audience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization with excellent influencing and negotiation skills, strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Understanding of Operational Risk and related regulations, and the associated application to a technology division within Financial Services.
Ability to read, write & speak Chinese language.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|