You may also like
Associate / Senior Associate, Fund Administration, Securities & Fiduciary Services Operations
Fund Accountant / Operations - Buy side / Hedge Fund
Fund Accountant / Senior Fund accountant - Private Equity
CIB Technology, Java Application Developer and Application Support, Associate
JPMorgan Chase Bank
Senior Treasury Product Manager (Fund) / Treasury Product Manager (Fund)
Bank of China
- Product Development
- Cash Management
- Investment Management
- OTC Structured Products
- Perl Programming
- Regulatory Reporting
- Wealth Management
Technology - Application Support, Fund Services, Associate - Hong Kong
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
QAPM provides Quality Assurance and Production Management services to all clients within the Firm. QAPM partners with the development teams to ensure seamless technology delivery to our clients: ISGT, CPT, MSIM, MSWM Tech, ED&S, and TIR. QAPM?s goal is to deliver a first-class technology platform by ensuring top-notch service within QA and Production Management. This division will support the evolution of technology platforms and tools, manage and maintain our production plant, and ensure the implementation and adherence to proper operational controls to manage risk.
Funding and Counterparty Risk Management (FCRM) is responsible for the management of financial resources within institutional Sales & Trading and is positioned at the core of transaction flows to ensure proper and consistent allocation and pricing of resources across market facing businesses. Funding and Counterparty Risk Management Technology (FCRT), a completely business aligned technology group, is responsible for all technology initiatives within Funding and Counterparty Risk Management that encompass functions right from funding to liquidity. These include systems that do Counterparty Portfolio Management for OTC Derivatives, Prime Brokerage Risk and Margin functions, Treasury and Cash Management, Repo & Stock Loan Sales & Trading, the firms mission critical Regulatory Reporting & Calculation systems and a number of cross functional groups like Collateral Optimization and Funding Optimization. Given the increased regulatory focus and changing market conditions, we are in the process of revamping our BRM technology platforms.
The global FCRM Production Management team supports technology provided by FCRM and used directly by the business. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the next evolution of our FCRM Technology platform, working in conjunction with the businesses, developers, outside counterparties and regulatory bodies. This is a diverse DevOps role which provides great personal development opportunities and will suit an astute application support analyst with an appetite for responsibility, front office business contact, hands-on technology exposure and daily challenge in a dynamic environment.
Roles and responsibilities:
-Using automation, Simplify and Streamline processes in Production environments(on the fly), improve efficiencies to manage current environments and minimize manual efforts to handle exceptions
- Develop Custom reports using existing tools/scripting to check state of environments, run system checks to confirm the sanity of data and verify the impact of new changes in the environment
-Work with development teams to understand new changes being planned for deployment in Non-Prod environment and develop automated reports to verify and test those changes
-Understand firm wide tools for build, configuration management, continuous integration, and deployment, and help development teams to adopt those tools
-Work with development teams to automate the release management process and build smoke tests to verify the impact of deployment of new changes in the environments
-Work with Business to understand the testing required for new changes and build reports/create test-evidence to streamline the effort required for testing
- Build regression test suite using Production data and automate regression testing to verify all Production changes
- Adopt Agile practices, delivering smaller demonstrable progress in sprints
-Building strong technical partnerships with local and global development teams to partner in system, environment and plant improvement. Enabling the adoption of Dev Ops collaboration.
-Leading projects and initiatives within the global team to implement new strategies; manage
Qualifications- Past experience of DevOps is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of Unix, DB2 , Perl and Python
- Past experience in building and maintaining Production/Non-Production environments
- Past experience in automation of ad-hoc requests, RFB checks and scripting
- Building strong technical partnerships with local and global development teams to partner in system, environment and plant improvement. Enabling the adoption of Dev Ops collaboration.
- Leading projects and initiatives within the global team to implement new strategies; manage events (infrastructure change, software releases, business continuity tests etc.) and on-board support for new business areas or renovated systems.
- Chairing outage resolution conference calls, managing significant incidents and coordinating communications within a trade floor environment.
- Initiating, growing and shaping processes, procedures and strategies to make the team more efficient.
- Work closely with L1 team to efficient use of effort and wherever possible drive out unnecessary tasks and alerting.
- Acting as a primary escalation /communication point between Application development teams and Business Units
- Challenging existing practices to strive for continuous improvement