- External Audit
PWM Asia, Bank Administation Management - Business Manager, Senior Manager
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong
Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management provides highly customized financial advice, investment solutions and brokerage services to individuals, families and foundations.
As Morgan Stanley’s premier service for individuals and families with significant means, we specialize in providing our clients with custom-tailored financial solutions and a level of sophistication and access to expertise and investments typically reserved for large corporations, financial institutions and governments.
The Business Manager is responsible for a wide variety of supervisory, compliance, risk, service and operational functions for Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management. The Business Manager has accountability for maintaining a control environment through adherence of business ethics and practices and adherence to all applicable laws, Morgan Stanley policies, and other regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise day-to-day activities of sales team.
- Oversee responsibilities outlined in the Compliance Manual, including transaction review and approval.
- Special trade approvals (e.g. block trade, cross trade, complex structures).
- Point-of-escalation for issues handling and supervisory inquiries from sales representatives.
- Provide coaching and guidance on policies and procedures in order to promote a strong culture of risk awareness.
- Customer complaints handling and resolution (via liaison with the Legal and Compliance Division if necessary) to ensure appropriate supervisory oversight is maintained at all times.
- Errors handling and resolution.
- Troubleshoot complicated issues relating to trade execution, booking, settlement & funding.
- Responsible for the service/operations functions with focus on consistency, quality, and compliance with Firm policies and procedures, e.g. reviewing and approving journals, payments and other client instructions.
- Participate in regional projects as necessary (e.g. support new product approvals, rollout of new application, enhancements).
- Supervise and manage Client Service Associates.
- To drive and facilitate projects/ initiatives impacting Front Office team, ensuring an efficient business framework
- Maintain / update the procedures manual and communicate updates on new or improved workflows/ procedures to the Sales team
- Work with first line, second line and third line of defense to identify key risk areas and adopt action plans to continue seek improvement of our risk control process in the front office.
- Represent front office in engaging in internal and external audits, Compliance testing assignments and also Risk and Control Self Assessments, to drive strong risk culture in the front office
- Knowledge of industry regulations and best practices
- Ability to identify and resolve issues and escalate as necessary
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a dynamic environment
- Exceptional organizational and conflict resolution skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent education or experience
- Minimum 8-10 years' solid experience within Financial Services Industry, relevant experience gained from PWM is highly preferred
- Prior experience or exposure to business projects is a definite advantage
Licenses and Registrations:
- For Hong Kong: HK HKMA License - Type 1 & Type 2
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|