Private Wealth Management Asia, Learning & Development and Event Management, Manager, Hong Kong
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management Asia is an integrated business within Institutional Securities. We provide highly personalized, best-in-class investment advice, execution services and wealth management and banking solutions to Ultra High Net Worth individuals and families across the region.
About the Role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Chief Operating Office and Sales Management Office to adopt strategies and execute programs related to Talent Management and Learning & Development (L&D) in support of corporate culture and organizational strategies
- Plan and manage New Hire Onboarding program, including training support, “meet and greet” with key stakeholders, culture immersion and performance evaluation for new joiners
- Continuously assess and drive ongoing improvement to employee experience, including all the touch-points at pre, during and post onboarding
- Manage and arrange regulatory, compliance, product, hard & soft skills training to enhance competence level of all PWM Asia staff at different roles and levels
- Partner with Compliance and HR to monitor PWM Asia licensing, certification & continuing professional development requirements
- Partner with HR Recruiter and assist Hiring Managers with recruiting and retention of quality staff; screen CVs, shortlist candidates and conduct interviews; manage the recruiting strategy and process
- Manage planning, production and execution of internal and client events
- Increase value of events as part of the PWM Sales initiative and develop new best practices and event standards.
- Administer SharePoint event management system to include appropriate permissions, access, policies and branding standards.
- Engage and manage external vendors
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years relevant working experience in Talent Management or Event Management, could be a generalist or a specialist in areas of L&D, recruiting or event management
- At least 2 years of experience in private banking or wealth management
- Proven track record of solid L&D or Training program delivery experience
- Proven success working in a fast-pace, dynamic environment with consistently changing priorities
- Superior presentation, interpersonal, organizational and facilitation skills
- Team player with the capability to work well and communicate effectively at all level of staff
- Strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds
- Passionate, enthusiastic and possess a “can do” attitude
- Able to work a flexible schedule, able to work outside of regular business hours and willing to travel if needed
- Proficiency in MS Office applications especially PowerPoint and Excel; Chinese Word Processing skills preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication in both spoken Chinese & English; Mandarin is a plus
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Talent Management
- Wealth Management