Private Equity Group Asia, Taiwan and South East Asia (non-China), Acquisitions Specialist, Analyst (HKG based)
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
I. MORGAN STANLEY INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT (MSIM)
Morgan Stanley strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations, and individuals worldwide.
II. MORGAN STANLEY PRIVATE EQUITY ASIA (MSPEA)
Morgan Stanley Private Equity Asia (MSPEA) is one of the leading private equity investors in Asia Pacific, having invested in the region for over 20 years. MSPEA invests primarily in highly structured minority investments and control buyouts in growth-oriented companies at attractive valuations. The experienced investment team is led by senior professionals with extensive industry relationships, in-depth market knowledge and the ability to apply international investment principles within each local context. MSPEA has offices in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, Mumbai and New York, and leverages the brand and unparalleled global network of Morgan Stanley to source investment intelligence and opportunities.
Based in Hong Kong and as a key member of Private Equity Asia team, this is a high-touch Acquisitions Specialist (Analyst) role with direct access to senior and experienced professionals in PEG Asia.
Functionally this role will have these key responsibilities:
- Work closely with senior Private Equity professionals to identify and evaluate potential investment opportunities across Taiwan and South East Asia
- Assist in structuring and execution of complex investment transactions
- Collaborate with team to support the investment process from thesis definition to due diligence, negotiations, value-add and exit
- Interact extensively with the leading entrepreneurs and senior management of potential investee companies across Asia (non-China focused)*LI-JG1
- A university degree in Finance or related disciplines with excellent academic results
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience in transactions or deals, ideally from Private Equity or Investment Banking
- Excellent bilingual communication skills in both spoken and written English and Mandarin
- Technically sound with practical and advanced financial modeling skills
- Capability to identify and capitalize on investment opportunities
- Excellent team player, with initiative, resilience and drive to succeed in a small-team setting
- An analytical mindset with quantitative and research aptitude