- Market Risk
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Operational Risk
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Reporting
Operations HK, ORRC Reg Reporting Oversight Group - QA Testing, Vice President, Hong Kong
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The Operations Risk & Regulatory Control Division (ORRC) is a global team responsible for Control (Balance Sheet Control, Credit & Market Risk, Outsourcing and Policies & Procedures), Regulatory Reporting, Risk (Client Confidentiality, Operational Risk, and BCP) and CTB Projects.
This role is a key part of the Regulatory pillar within the ORRC Regulatory Reporting Oversight Group. This team focuses on ensuring that Morgan Stanley complies with regulatory reporting obligations with completeness, accuracy and timeliness. This is achieved through establishing and communicating a regulatory report policy, independent comprehensive and thematic testing, clear exposure of control gaps, support of global and regional governance forums and global regulatory report training.
The candidate should expect to build an intricate knowledge of regulatory reporting regulations, first line audit methods, firm systems, data sources, products as well as the processes that are in place to ensure compliance with regulations.
Key activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Establishment of a Global Operations Regulatory Report Governance framework and link to relevant regional governance forums
- Support delivery of a regulatory reporting policy that establishes the benchmark standards for the control framework, deep dives, workflow tools, rule changes, change management, and quality assurance
- Drive delivery of a front-to-back QA programme across the global Operations report population covering rule capture, technical controls and the process of report creation and submission
- Support creation of a global standard training plan for those involved in regulatory reporting
- The successful candidate must work closely with the members of Operations functional as well as other stakeholders across the Firm. The primary relationships will be with the Regional Head of Operations, Global Head of ORRC, and Global Head of the Regulatory Reporting Oversight Group, Compliance and Technology. Regular engagement will be required with the global and regional Governance Committee members and key stakeholders which includes Operations, Technology, the Business Units and Legal & Compliance.
- 7+ years of experience in designing and managing regulatory or risk functions in Financial Services/Banking industry
- Regulatory framework background
- Audit skillset and/or background
- Excellent ability to analyse and assess existing processes in identifying actions required to comply
- Excellent management, leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills including ability to write documents for presentation to senior management and lead senior leads meeting
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work within tight delivery timeframes and meanwhile multi-tasked
- Ability to partner with colleagues across functions and lead effectively across geographical boundaries
- Ability to coordinate efforts with Compliance and Technology to define and re-design testing models to achieve effectiveness
- Strong experience with MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Visio and Access)
- Strong project management skill.
- Strong product knowledge
- Familiarity with Morgan Stanley Operations systems, processes, and framework
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|