Operations HK, Margin Call Processing Specialist, Associate
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The global margin team provides collateral calculations and exposure monitoring for international wealth management clients, hedge funds and institutional clients based in Asia that do not have a credit line with the firm. The team is responsible for all aspects of portfolio margining and works closely with the business unit risk managers, sales, branch admin, operations and legal/documentation groups. The team supports market and non-market risk activities related to collateral, and to ensure that the exposures are within the defined comfort levels.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform daily margin processing such as data checks, margin call process, limit usage monitoring, and asset transfer
- Ensure that margin calls are issued prior to the deadline agreed with business units
- Perform various control activities; Issue margin calls and work with Sales and Risk Management to ensure clients meet their margin calls in a timely manner
- Analyze and understand complex portfolios and trading strategies
- Facilitate client portfolio analysis on new and existing clients;
- Respond to inquiries from sales/sales assistants on collateral activities
- Escalate issues, risks, achievements in a timely and effective manner *LI-HL1
- 2-4 years experience in investment banking operations (preferably margin)
- Ability to understand difficult trading strategy and pick up margin concept fast
- Good investment product knowledge
- Strong in building relationship with stakeholders
- Strong communication skills
- Prepared to work in a dynamic, fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications