Operations HK, Equity Client Services, Analyst
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Overview of the Role:
The EQ Cash Client Processing (CCP) Groups support a wide range of products/ markets and clients - this extends to equity & fixed income cash products settling via Euroclear, DTC and International domestic settlement. The CCP team always seeks to respond rapidly to clients needs and developments within the industry, making it a constantly changing environment, which demands high performance from the individuals in the team. Clients have a named point of contact within Morgan Stanley, who can respond effectively to their queries.
- Internal and external clients have different needs, the ability to communicate in a clear and concise way is vital. In addition, it is necessary to adapt to client specific needs in a positive way. Maintaining a good relationship with the various departments globally
- Experience of working in a client service role is preferable, along with a sound understanding of financial markets and products. A proven record of accomplishment of learning new products and understanding business concepts is required
- CCP is responsible for supporting Morgan Stanley's clients and other MS business divisions to provide wide range of support related to post-trade execution and settlement process
- CCP is expected to maintain effective risk controls over client's trading activities, hence to analyze internal risk reports, monitor trade matching status and liaise with respective parties to minimize risk exposure.
- The team operates in a high-risk environment, where the potential for error/ loss to the Firm and clients is high. Due to the nature of the products traded, and the value of the trades, attention to detail is of the utmost importance. Processing trades correctly, first time, is the aim of the group, but when an error does occur it is vital that we investigate, resolve and escalate immediately.
- The role requires extensive interaction with clients both internally and externally - the ability to maintain and build excellent client relationships is a priority. The role requires the individual to be articulate with excellent communication skills at all levels.
- This team also performs the functional control and supervision of the Mumbai CCP team.
- Ability to use the tools and technology available to improve the workflow, meet internal benchmarks and those set by the client. An understanding of market initiatives and new technology are critical to providing a high level of customer service.
- It is critical to have excellent organisational ability, being able to react to change and deal with issues as and when they arise. The individual will be responsible for maintaining consistent high quality performance and ensuring that client specific requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Due to the pressurized environment and the need to deal with issues on an ongoing basis it is necessary to maintain composure while remaining assertive when dealing with complex problems.
- Broad understanding of different investment products and instruments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving skills and excellent judgment
- Strong risk awareness and orientation
- Prioritisation and time management skills - for own workload and that of others
- Takes ownership of issues is methodical and ensures resolution
- Has proven ability to interact with multiple internal and external functions including clients, sales and other functional operations teams.
- Client Relationship Management
- Customer Service
- Fixed Income
- Investment Management
- Wealth Management