- Investment Management
- Operational Risk
- Relationship Management
- Risk Management
- Team Management
- Wealth Management
Operational Risk Manager, Vice President (Hong Kong)
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Operational Risk Department (ORD) is an independent risk management group (2nd line) overseeing and ensuring risk management at the Firm level. Scope of risk coverage for the candidate includes all business lines, with primary focus on Private Wealth Management business.
This role will be a Vice President within Operational Risk Department (ORD) in HK. The candidate will functionally report to Head of Asia Pacific ORD in HK, and have a coverage role in Asia Pacific, specifically for Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia. The role requires building strong relationships with business areas to have risk discussions and facilitate operational risk management framework implementation such as:
- Promote awareness of operational risk and risk management best practices
- Capture and analyze operational loss data, and as needed, advise the Business Area in developing effective mitigation steps and controls
- Analysis and reporting of Firm-level risk themes, risk levels and focus action items
- Project based involvement on risk management initiatives*LI-SC1
- Candidate should have a minimum 10 years of relevant working experience, with the most recent work experience in the Wealth Management business.
- Self Starter. There is little routine work defined in this role, and the role requires constant learning. Requires versatility to adopt as the global operational risk framework evolves.
- Execution skills. Ability to manage process of embedding the ORD framework in the business areas or functions or region.
- Analytical thinking. Experience in risk management functions, or in performing risk assessments.
- Teamwork. Relationship building and leveraging expert partners across the Firm, especially within Firm Risk Management.
- Communication. Strong communication skills in English necessary, oral and written.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|