You may also like
FX Options Analyst - Middle Office - International Banking
Counterparty Credit Risk - VP level
Equity Derivative Middle Office Specialist
- Equity Derivatives
CIB Operations - Custody Middle Office - Associate
JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Business Transformation
Wealth Management, Investor Support Middle Office, Team Lead, Associate
JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Hedge Funds
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Operational Risk
- Relationship Management
- Risk Management
- Wealth Management
Middle Office Risk - Margin & Counterparty Risk -Associate
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Role Description & Responsibilities
-A line Professional Operations Specialist executes Operations processes and/or supports process management and project efforts. This individual may be part of a team of specialists operating within a region and for a particular product.
- Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of the processes, projects, systems, markets and instruments that influence their team.
-Analysis and exposes ambiguous or complex issues, identifies root causes and proposes future actions.
-Required to build and manage relationships on a day to day level with Business Unit partners, other Morgan Stanley infrastructure departments, and external contact points in Client organizations.
-Ensures Compliance Courses and Policies are completed on a timely basis.
Provide daily supervision of functions the team performs which include:
- Ensuring client positions and valuations are accurate, correct requirements are being charged in accordance with the clients' strategy and margin policy, issuing margin calls and ensuring they are covered same-day.
- Understanding the day-to-day client portfolio movements and products traded, thinking about what your clients are trading, actively challenging things that do not make sense
-Analysis of new client portfolios by work closely with Business Unit on providing Sales with tailored margin policy for potential clients
- Performing extensive exposure analysis across the client base to flag risk across different Issuers, Countries, Markets and Sectors
- Managing operational risk. We are relied upon to manage and highlight operational risk in the margin process. We are the last line of defence in a market or client crisis. You will perform a central role in this defence by challenging the status quo and maximizing the value that the team can add to our franchise.
- Working extensively with Clients, Risk Management, Account Managers and & Technology to build & maintain a controlled & commercial business that leverages the strengths of all our people.
- Identify system gaps and work with Technology on enhancements and testing
- Driving forward the significant change agenda in collaboration with peers in the New York, Baltimore, London and Bangalore Margin teams.
Skills that You Bring
- You are able to handle multiple work streams and prioritize effectively.
- You actively look for new opportunities for self development and career progression.
- You show dedication to learn from experience and mistakes; actively seek out feedback and adjust behaviour accordingly.
- You are aware of the long term impact of regulatory environment and market changes on the business. You make plans where appropriate to adapt control processes and procedures.
- You can identify the right levels of control and measures required, building a strong yet flexible workflow.
- You actively ensure existence of mitigating controls and take personal responsibility for enhancing processes.
- You combine clear and appropriate escalation with suggestions on appropriate risk reduction strategies.
- You consistently exceed expectations and respond actively and positively to changing circumstances.
- You are aware of the importance of timely escalation.
- All degree (or equivalent course) disciplines considered. You have strong numerical and analytical skills and have developed the necessary competencies in a similar role over a minimum 3-5 year period within this industry.
- Exposure to Prime Brokerage, Wealth Management, hedge funds industry, derivatives products or Margin & Collateral an advantage
- Demonstration in your past work experience of robust analytical skills, high attention to detail, diligence, risk management capabilities and a control mind-set
- Strong product knowledge across equities and derivatives is an advantage
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Access) is an advantage
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|