- Balance Sheets
- Internal Control
- Investment Management
- Microsoft Excel
- Regulatory Reporting
- Wealth Management
Finance - Valuation Risk Controller (APAC FID), Associate (Hong Kong)
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization’s financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
The team in Hong Kong is integrated in the global operations. We are currently looking for a Valuation Risk Controller for our Hong Kong office, covering Fixed Income Division regionally.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Ensuring deliverables are met and proper internal controls are adhered to.
• Monthly mark review production to ensure positions are marked correctly in the firm's books and records. It covers a broad range of products, from Vanillas to Exotics & hybrids derivatives.
• Interaction with the trading desks and other internal/external parties in the region.
• Preparing summaries on mark review results for senior finance executives and the Business Units
• Developing and standardizing the existing Mark Review processes
• Project work as required on new systems and functionality enhancements
• Challenging existing processes and procedures to improve the quality and efficiency of the mark review and to proactively identify, monitor and manage both the known and unknown risk within those existing processes and procedures
What we can offer
• Being part of a Global Team
• Having an exposure to financial derivatives
• Training opportunities/Constant development
• Working in a top tier investment bank
• Active involvement in firm-wide valuation projects and initiatives
• Strong academics required in a quantitative discipline such as economics, mathematics, physics, engineering or other technical field
• Good understanding of financial markets and products and ability to learn new products.
• Ability to translate complex theoretical problems into smaller problems that can be solved practically
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Solid knowledge of Excel. Programming knowledge a plus