- Data Management
- Equity Analysis
- Investment Management
- Microsoft Excel
- Process Improvement
- Wealth Management
Equity Research Strategy and Analytics, Analyst / Associate, Hong Kong
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
I. Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
II. Equity Research Division
Morgan Stanley has earned a strong reputation for the originality of its research and the value it creates among investors and decision makers. Consistently ranked among the top in its field, our Equity Research team looks at economic, market, industry and company data to enhance the performance of clients' global portfolios and to help companies set their strategic direction.
III. Position Description
Morgan Stanley Research is one of the financial industry's dominant thought leaders in equity and fixed-income investing and is a vital link between the Firm’s varied business divisions. Our analysts, economists, and strategists have earned this reputation through timely, in-depth analysis of companies, industries, markets, and the world's economies. The Research Strategy and Analytics (RSA) team is responsible for measuring the performance of the Research department and for executing the strategy of Research management in Asia.
Asia Pacific Research is looking for an Analyst/Associate to join the RSA team based in Hong Kong. The role is centered on measuring the performance and output of our Research analysts. This involves extensive analysis of data as well as project management of initiatives to help drive the strategy of the department across Asia. The successful candidate will be a confident self-starter with strong communication and analytical skills, who works well in a team and can manage and prioritize multiple tasks within deadlines. Strong Excel skills are a must as the role involves manipulation and analysis of large and complex data sets. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to extract key messages and convey them in an actionable form to individuals of all levels, up to and including senior Research management. As a conduit for organizational development and execution, the successful candidate will be one who continually seeks process improvement and is results driven. This role will report to the Chief Operating Officer of Asia Research.
• Work with a team of 4 who manage the performance metrics of the Asia Research department including client rankings, time spent with clients, quality of research reports, stock coverage, etc.
• Analysis of performance metrics and client business to identify themes and issues for the 250+ sized department spread across Asia in Hong Kong, Sydney, Melbourne, Mumbai, Seoul, Taipei, Singapore, and Jakarta
• Deep dive analysis for mid-year and year-end performance reviews
• Responding to departmental inquiries on performance metrics
• Project management and execution of strategy in external polls such as Institutional Investor and Greenwich Associates
• Building customized reports using research reporting tools as well as in Excel
• Writing PPT presentations for management
• Project management; driving initiatives to success
• Communication with counterparts in other regions and global project managers in New York
• Partnering with teams within and outside of research in Equities, Compliance & Legal, Corporate Communications, HR, IT and Marketing
• Outstanding communication – both written and verbal
• Strong analytical skills; ability to identify and articulate key conclusions
• Strong Excel and data management
• Diligence and high attention to detail
• Excellent time-management with the ability to multitask and prioritize
• Flexible and adaptable to the changing needs and nature of the role
• 4+ years work experience within financial industry
• High energy, self-motivated, creative and organized
• Strong Excel technical skills, VBA preferred
• Powerpoint and Word skills
• Work experience within, or familiarity with, Equity Research
• Familiarity with business objects reporting
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|