- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Risk Management
Corporate Services Asia Risk Officer, Vice President
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Morgan Stanley Corporate Services Asia is committed to providing long-term career opportunities for talented, bright and energetic people in both a stimulating and supportive environment where they can achieve their maximum potential while enjoying themselves in the process.
The Corporate Services division in Asia is responsible for the daily office operations of 45 locations across 12 countries with a 2.1 MM Square foot portfolio. Standard office hours are 0900 to 1800 hours, but coverage is extended on a 24 x 7 basis as required to meet the Firm’s needs. Corporate Services’ strategic plan is to anticipate and provide the space and supporting services for internal business units. The organization employs a matrix management structure with specific office needs delivered by local management and the functional teams support the local management by providing expertise across six major areas:
- Corporate Information Management is comprised of Business Information Services, Creative Services, Reprographics and Printing, Mail and Distribution, and Records Management
- Corporate Real Estate manages a flexible portfolio to align real estate assets with the Firm’s business plan and consists of Project Management , Design, Engineering and property services
- Corporate Security and Investigations is responsible for physical protection of employees/facilities, pre-employment screening, crisis management and preparedness, investigation of internal or external fraud
- Global Workforce Strategy supports internal clients in examining functions suitable for a move to non-core locations
- Operations/Administration /Risk supports Corporate Services and the Firm through financial management, client engagement, risk management, communication protocol, staff training/development, and process/technology improvements
- Travel responsible for corporate jets and management of the Firm’s relationships with airlines, hotels, ground transportation vendors and the corporate card program
- Regional Offices oversees CS functions within the regional branch offices
The Asia Risk Officer is the senior risk representative within the Operations/Administration team and is responsible for establishing a strong control environment for our risks across the portfolio. The role has two principal areas of focus:
1. Operational Risk Management: proactively and strategically identify / manage risk, plan for business continuity, and adhere to regulatory requirements in all functional areas
- Act as a liaison to Business Continuity Management (BCM) team to lead planning and related testing of CS business continuity planning.
- Act as liaison for Firm Risk Management and work on Firm and regulatory mandated risk initiatives
- Process coordination on any CS Internal audits
- In coordination with Information Security Department, act as CS Information Security Officer and coordinate associated deliverables.
- Coordinate incident reporting, risk frameworks, training, Internal Audit reviews, and related deliverables.
- Life Safety: development and oversight/governance of a globally consistent process to effectively respond to life safety events, leveraging existing Corporate Security and Property Management teams.
- Maintain current knowledge of the risk space and best practices and apply knowledge where practicable to the Corporate Services department.
2. Vendor Performance Management – deliver and manage a centralized process to:
- Ensure an equitable and transparent relationship between managers & vendors;
- Act as an independent party/escalation point for vendors;
- Ensure performance management tools are updated and leveraged across CS;
- Coordinate governance & compliance elements of vendor performance management program.
Prospects for this position will have demonstrated the ability to manage and interact with staff at all levels in the Firm. Accordingly, the individual must be an accomplished businessperson and a proven leader capable of building a cohesive team and constructing persuasive proposals for improvements across diverse functional teams. The successful candidate will have 12 or more years of pertinent business experience with a proven track record of consistently exceeding performance goals and managing operations in a demanding business environment. The ideal candidate would have operational risk experience for a multi-national firm with knowledge of the financial industry. In addition, it would be beneficial if this individual has experience working abroad or with multi-national firms and has a wide range of industry contacts.
- Course of study: Risk management study or qualification, real estate, facilities management, engineering, or business. An undergraduate degree is required, a post-graduate degree is a plus.
- Language: English fluency is required. Mandarin is a plus
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- PC skills: Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- A self-starter who is comfortable working in an environment across regional offices and inspires the trust and confidence of local and regional management.
- Other characteristics: Strategic thinker, analytical, problem solver, deadline driven, team player, self motivated, innovative, organized, optimistic, energetic, and attention to detail.