You may also like
AML / Client Onboarding - AVP
APAC Investor Services Hong Kong Prime Brokerage Client Executive VP Director
- Corporate Actions
AVP, Wealth Management Operations, Technology & Operations
- Process Reengineering
Senior Manager / Manager, Payment Operations, IBG Ops-Cash Operations, Technology & Operations
- Disaster Recovery Planning
CIB - Asia Client On-boarding Client Service – Analyst / Associate
JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Change Management
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- Investment Management
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- OTC Structured Products
- Project Management
- Trade Support
- Wealth Management
Client Operations - Client On Boarding Director (AVP)
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) division within operations, partners closely with Sales & Trading and our Clients to process daily activities, develop and implement new products and services, as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes.
Client Operations group supports commercial Institutional Securities, Client Onboarding (COB), Derivatives Clearing, Prime Brokerage, ISG Margin and relationships with the Firm's biggest clients. We act as a valued strategic partner to our clients, enabling them to access new products, markets and services to meet the financial goals of their underlying investors. In partnership with our clients we also take a leadership role in the evolution of our business through our presence in new markets and on industry bodies. We work closely with our Sales and Trading stakeholders and Technology and Data partners on planning and building capacity to enable us to deliver creative, bespoke client solutions and to meet the higher client expectations than are standard in non-fee paying client business. The service level the Operations team delivers differentiates us from our competitors and is central to winning and retaining business.
This role is a Director role in the Client Onboarding team in HK. The team supports client onboarding function for Asia Pacific clients. Role includes Client interactions, BU interactions, project Management for new client onboarding requests and ensuring all other stakeholders involved during client onboarding cycle are informed. The role involves coordination with operations, Sales, Credit, BU Risk, COOs, KYC/AML, and the clients. The objective is to ensure smooth client onboarding experience for all clients and high level of value added service and partnership with Business Unit to address key internal and client issues and manage risk.
Joining Onboarding team is an exciting opportunity to combine your client service and technical skills. We can offer the successful candidate a challenging and rewarding role. The skills and knowledge that you gain from working within the COB area are transferable and will help you to develop your career within Morgan Stanley.
- Serve as senior point of escalation for business units and clients for operational issues across onboarding cycle.
- Develop and enhance client relationships, by providing exceptional levels of client service.
- Expertly navigate the Morgan Stanley organization, across divisions, to deliver timely and accurate issue resolution which may include communication with senior stakeholders within Ops and the BU.
- Organize and lead face-to-face meetings with key senior managers at our clients and BU
- Partner with other onboarding teams to identify key issues, trends and efficiency opportunities that can be addressed with clients/BUs with the goal of enhancing entire onboarding process.
- Lead projects and initiatives that will further advance the Onboarding strategic vision of providing value added services to our clients.
- Maintain active dialogue with various vendor relationships and industry utilities across product and functional areas.
- Work with global counterparts and contribute to global initiatives or discussion relating to client projects or change initiatives
- Look for client / business operational efficiencies and commercial opportunities
- Stakeholders reporting/meetings/communication
- 7+ years of experience in financial industry within Operations roles. Client onboarding, Client relationship, Project Management, Derivative Operations Trade Support experience preferred
- Technical understanding of transaction lifecycle in one or more asset classes (Rates, Credit and Equity OTC Derivatives, OTC Clearing, Listed Derivatives, FX, Sec Lending, Commodities) preferred
- Proven experience with external institutional client communication and interaction
- Strong listening and verbal/written communications
- Proven ability to work across global departments to build credibility and strong relationships
- Ability to independently navigate the Morgan Stanley organization
- Strong analytical, numerical and inter personal skills
- Prioritisation and time management skills
- Problem solving through initiative and tenacity
- Ability to multi-task and grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results, whilst maintaining a professional, friendly and client focused approach
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.* LI-JH1