You may also like
Accounting Manager (General Ledger and Accounting Control)
Bank of China
Accounting Manager/ Senior Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting
AIA Group Limited
- Financial Accounting
Senior Accounting Manager (Financial Accounting)
Bank of China
Senior Accounting Manager (General Ledger and Accounting Control)
Bank of China
(Assistant) Accounting Manager (Accounting Management - Southeast Asia)
Bank of China
- Corporate Communications
- Annual Reports
- Cash Flow Management
- Corporate Development
- Due Diligence
- External Audit
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Internal Control
- Regulatory Reporting
Role:The Senior Manager, Accounting works under the direction of their immediate manager to ensure accurate financial statements and the efficient financial operations within their function
- Expert in subject matter, including accounting changes.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly close so that all financial reporting deadlines and control policies are met.
- Oversees outsourced accounting firms, as required, to ensure deliverables are consistent with Moody’s policies and MGAP.
- Maintains Moody’s chart of accounts, controls, and policy and procedures.
- Reviews and approves accounting entries, reconciliations and analyses based on Moody’s controls and US & local GAAP.
- Liaises with other departments to discuss and resolve US & Local GAAP accounting implications related to accounting transactions, business developments, entity financial conditions, policy and procedures.
- Maintains relationships with upper management.
- Participates in Controllership change processes, providing feedback and comments, and communicates Corporate changes to their respective teams.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Monitors and analyzes work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Initiates research and prepares financial analysis for management (i.e. dividend, cash flow, budget, fluctuation variances, build-ups, aging, process flows, quarterly update meetings, etc).
- Assists in the incorporation or restructuring and operation set up of new entities and the liquidation of redundant entities.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves operating accounting issues; communicates to upper management.
- Applies accounting judgment when reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, contracts, new accounting pronouncements, and account analyses; detailed review with direct manager.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical and operating accounting issues through regular and special analysis to ensure proper accounting recognition; communicates to upper management.
- Reviews contracts to ensure compliance with Moody’s policies and identify accounting implications; provides value-added feedback to legal or other departments; communicates to upper management.
- Responsible for the overall direction, execution, and completion of ad-hoc projects.
- Manages internal and external audits; works with auditors to ensure a timely year end audit.
- Manages the preparation of external reports, including filings, ensuring an accurate and timely completion.
- Provides expert opinion on US & Local GAAP, internal control policies and Moody’s Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to their procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Manages personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Works with each direct report to establish annual goals and objectives and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
Additional Responsibilities (EMEA and Asia Pacific Only):
- Manages and monitors compliance of financial conditions of specific regulated entities; responsible for regulatory reporting.
- Prepares financial documents and statements in English and local language and presents to Board of Directors and Country manager meetings.
- Reviews local annual director’s reports.
- Reviews reconciliations for local GAAP adjustments and alternate account mappings.
- Reviews and monitors compliance of financial conditions of specific regulated entity, producing month-end financial checklist and reviewing cash and capital requirements. Additional audit, statutory and regulatory reporting work to be conducted during the annual reporting cycle.
- International Financial Analysis & Strategy:
- Provides support for due diligence and integration activities for new acquisitions
- Develops additional non statutory financial reports and analysis to support the business and Controllership services.
- Prepares financial sections for recurring and ad hoc regulatory reporting requirements across the EMEA region.
- Prepares detailed analysis and supplementary information in support of regulatory reporting submissions for “audit trail” purposes.
- Responds to finance-related queries made by the regulatory authorities or senior management.
- Maintains awareness of continuing changes in the regulatory reporting rules and regulations across the various jurisdictions applicable to EMEA.
- Actively assists senior management and the Regulatory and Compliance teams by providing financial information necessary to support regulatory initiatives, including by not exclusive to: applications to register as a CRA; and ad hoc queries from the local regulatory authorities.
Additional Responsibilities for Consolidations Manager:
- Support SEC reporting team for preparation of 10Q and 10K reporting.
- Assist in the business forecasts for Tax department.
- Assist in translating business/policy accounting into operational accounting
- Support Interim/Year-End audit deliverables to achieve a timely and efficient audit close cycle
- Supports compliance with departmental Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) processes by assisting in the application and documentation of internal controls; identifying and reporting exceptions to management; and working with external and internal auditors on control testing efforts.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures from a Global Consolidation perspective that supports not only GAAP but also the company’s mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions from a global consolidation perspective that includes systems and corporate development related activities; by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Oversee the integrity of the financial information and financial architecture flowing through the consolidation process
- Responsible for ensuring that the accounting ERP systems address the changing needs of business in a timely manner (e.g. Organization structure, global focus/needs, acquisitions)