Senior Training Specialist
- Driving the Professional Development & Training (PDT) programs in Asia-Pacific (APAC) for all MIS staff to enhance the skills and capabilities of MIS employees in the region and to support successful implementation of business initiatives.
- Consulting with Line of Business (LOB) stakeholders and global PDT team to assess training needs and appropriately plan training delivery and allocation of resources, and to assess overall effectiveness.
- Overseeing/executing training for MIS employees in the region at all levels (including Managing Directors), communicating and managing training through the Learning Management System and through other forums and mechanisms (e.g., management and line of business meetings).
- Applying subject matter knowledge to shepherd development/revision of courses and content for MIS and PDT training initiatives.
- Drive and administer PDT programs in APAC, including the MIS Analyst Curriculum and Certification programs and training in support of MIS business initiatives.
- Serve as primary point person and global liaison for addressing questions about PDT programs in APAC.
- Engage with MIS APAC regional leadership to communicate PDT training strategy and priority initiatives and to assess future training requirements.
- Manage the communication and scheduling of training – in region and, as necessary, globally – via Moody’s Learning Management System.
- Collaborate with regional PDT Training Specialists to implement a standard “best in class” onboarding program for new MIS analytical hires, shepherding them through the global Dodd-Frank and country-specific regulatory training and testing requirements.
- Liaise with regional Compliance officers and HR colleagues to support fulfillment of jurisdiction-specific regulatory training requirements and reporting.
- Develop new courses and/or drive MIS SME engagement in the development of new courses and/or the refinement of existing courses.
- Support development and/or delivery of training content, in both “live” (classroom, video conference, Web-delivery) and self-paced, online formats.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s degree) required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of Learning & Development principles and practices, along with professional experience in one or more HR functional areas (e.g. Generalist, Recruiting, Organization Development).
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with a Learning Management System desired
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of employees and management – a “bagels to boardroom” mentality and capability
- Strong team player and able to work cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Working knowledge of relevant technical content.
- Experience and/or strong interest in facilitating training sessions for junior and senior level audiences.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, but also able to engage with and contribute to global team efforts
- Willing to travel internationally up to 10%
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint