- External Audit
- Financial Reporting
- Internal Control
The Manager, Accounting works under the direction of their immediate manager to ensure accurate financial statements.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly close so that all financial reporting deadlines and control policies are met.
- Oversees outsourced accounting firms, JVs and affiliates, to ensure deliverables are consistent with Moody’s policies and MGAP.
- Reviews accounting entries, reconciliations and analyses based on Moody’s controls and US & local GAAP.
- Liaises with other departments to discuss accounting transactions.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine accounting transactions.
- Proactively performs ad-hoc account analyses and raises issues on a timely basis.
- Researches and prepares analyses for management inquiries (i.e. budget, fluctuation variances, build-ups, aging, process flows, etc).
- Applies accounting judgment when reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, contracts, new accounting pronouncements, and account analyses; detailed review with direct manager.
- Identifies and assists in the resolution of operational accounting issues through regular and special analysis to ensure proper accounting.
- Assists in the identification, research and resolution of technical accounting issues.
- Reviews contracts to ensure compliance with Moody’s policies and identify accounting implications; provides value-added feedback to legal or other departments.
- Responsible for the timely execution and completion of ad-hoc projects
- Reviews or prepares supporting documentation and account analyses for internal and external audits.
- Reviews/prepares external reports and assists in filings.
- Strong knowledge of US & Local GAAP, internal control policies and Moody’s Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to their procedures.
- Monitors staff utilization.
- Supervises personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Works with their direct manager to establish and monitor staff’s annual goals and objectives.