- Life Insurance
- Product Design
- Project Management
- underwriting support
Senior Underwriting Manager
- Handle jumbo case and High Net Worth business
- Work with treaty reinsurer on facultative cases
- Monitor the underwriting quality and quantity performance standards
- Set up and review underwriting guidelines for different insurance product in order to maintain the competitiveness in the market.
- Provide insights to the new product specifications, assist in new product design in the aspects of underwriting, establish and confirm underwriting rules and procedures during launching period.
- Provide professional advice to PAD, Claims and CS sections on the aspects of underwriting decisions.
- Assist to conduct underwriting internal review to ensure the highest level of sound decisions and that are in accordance with the company’s established guidelines.
- Maintain the standard of service level agreement for the whole process of underwriting including new business and pending cases.
- Work closely with distributor to manage their expectations
- Work closely with Compliance to ensure decisions are made in compliance with corporate and regulatory guidelines
- Provide guidance and coaching to junior team members
- Minimum 10 years’ underwriting experience in life/health insurance industry, with at least 5 years in the High Net Worth market.
- Preferred to hold life insurance professional qualification. e.g. LOMA, ICA etc
- Medical authority with Extra Mortality 200% or above
- Previous managerial/supervisory experience required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good written and spoken English and Chinese, mandarin speaking is an asset.
- Excellent project management skill, knowledge of administration system.
- Associate, Life Management Institute (ALMI)