Consultant, Regional team, Employee Health & Benefits, Hong Kong
Location: Hong Kong
This EH&B Regional Team Consultant will manage Regional Benefits Management (RBM) and Global Benefits Management (GBM) client portfolios, taking ownership of all client issues across the region, selling and managing the delivery of complex consulting projects.
On a day-to-day basis, the consultant will develop the business cases, the strategy discussion and development to meet clients’ needs and execute complex consulting projects. The consultant is expected to develop and expand client relationships and act as the trusted advisor for the clients.
As a subject matter expert on EH&B consulting, the consultant will peer review client deliverables of the team, function as an expert in key consulting matters, and be responsible for developing the intellectual capital.
MANAGING THE BUSINESSS
- Identify and develop local health management and flex opportunities, leveraging local broking clients, regional relationships, cross-LOB clients and cross-operating-company clients. The consultant will be operating as the pursuit team lead, developing the pursuit strategy with the regional sales leader/market or country leader on the larger opportunities, developing and finalizing the RFP submission, and managing / coordinating the pursuit team.
- Manage the scope, quality, timeliness, and budget of multiple client deliverables.
- Provide direction to analysts and other team members in the preparation and delivery of clear and concise client presentations
- Contributing to and supporting regional/local marketing initiatives as a featured speaker / subject matter expert. Events include formal industry events as a guest speaker, MMB sponsored industry events, XLOB and EH&B client events.
GROWING THE REGIONAL CONSULTING BUSINESS
- Manage the growth of consulting services in the region by:
- Contributing as a subject matter expert to the sales initiatives and consulting projects such as benefit plan redesign (i.e. flex), benchmarking studies (both qualitative and quantitative), alternative funding arrangements (pooling, captive arrangements), health & wellness strategies
- Activities in the above encompasses the development of the benefit or total rewards strategy, vendor evaluations & selection, onsite clinic reviews, care management consulting services and lifestyle interventions
- Supporting regional / global product development and sales
- Developing approaches localized for the needs of the countries
DEVELOPING THE BUSINESS TEAMS
- Training other members of the consulting / broking team; increasing their awareness and enabling them to articulate the value and services to clients and having them support the delivery of projects. Provide management, mentoring and coaching to project team members.
- Be accountable for revenue and profitability of client accounts and projects. Timely delivery of invoicing, monitoring time charges of the client team, setting budgets for projects and managing the AR of the project.
- EH&B Analysts, Consultants, Sales Professionals, Team Leaders and Managers for project work, peer review and training
- EH&B Specialists in Local or Regional locations for partnering on project work for their clients
- Mercer’s Client Management consultants for partnering on projects
- Vendors/Carriers to request, receive, or clarify information, including, but not limited to, plan design and rate information, and to obtain market knowledge.
- Clients to request and receive data, and for information and general communications on projects, project presentations and day-to-day problem-solving
- University or College graduate or 5 years or more of industry experience
- Equivalent consulting experience
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools, including Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to partner and lead teams to deliver project objectives
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Data analytics and interpretation
- Benefits and health management best practices
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.
- Corporate Communications
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Product Development