Vice President, Premium and Select Brands and Brand Marketing (APAC)
Location: CHN-China-Hong Kong-Asia/Pacif/Australia Region
The primary role of the Vice President, Premium and Select Brands and Brand Marketing (APAC) is to ensure appropriate representation and brand pull through in the continents, The VP is charged with ensuring on-brand execution at hotels. The VP is accountable for partnering with continent leadership to execute the brand experience in a way that is consistent with the specific brand’s business model and vision in a way that creates maximum profitability. This experience spans from building brand preference for both customers and investors, to on-site product and service touch points. To enable this, the leader is responsible for executing the direction for the brand’s including:
- Advocate for the Premium and Select brand group and conduit between brand and the continent
- Support of the brand positioning and representation in immersions internally and externally
- Value proposition & economic model given continent nuances
- Brand signature elements local execution
- Partnership in executing brand marketing/sales strategy
- Currently cover over 128 Premium and Select hotel brands (MH, DL, RH, CY, MEA, FFI, AC, AG) with over 38,078 rooms in the continent. The portfolio will be automatically enlarged once the integration with the Starwood completed.
- Responsible to manage at least 3 direct reports.
- Responsible for controlling the budget.
Education and Experience
- University degree required. Master’s degree in related field preferred but not essential.
- 15+ years of brand management, product management, and hotel operations.
- Lodging industry experience is strongly preferred
- Prior brand management experience required
Brand Strategy & Planning
- Communicates Brand Goals to AVPs and properties and help Premium and Select brands hotels develop their annual brand business plans.
- Educates/communicates on brand strategy, positioning, voice, strategic pillars and competitive environment.
- Educates/communicates consumer insights
- Acts as the owner and advocate of the Premium and Select brands in continent.
Brand Performance & Development
- Establishes, communicates and coordinates work priorities to achieve the brand strategies.
- Serves as the primary point of contact to ensure that new brand initiatives are being deployed within market effectively.
- Partners with AVPs and other market resources and provides regular brand updates.
- Drives and leads the organizational alignment and accountability for successful outcomes of brand initiatives with Market, and other functional areas; ensures strategies address relevant stakeholder needs and competitive environment; executes accordingly.
Operations & Culture
- Leads and drives key, mission-critical and innovative cross-functional brand initiatives to further enhance brand experience on property.
- Establishes communication platforms for the brand with the field / market (e.g., webinars, immersions, training tools).
- Works closely with properties and CLS organization to ensure on-brand implementation of brand operating standards, procedures, and brand operations-driven programs.
- Provides opening support for all new hotels, coordinates with openings and regional teams to ensure all elements of the ‘opening countdown’ including opening countdown, training, etc. are executed on brand. Provide guidance to opening teams to ensure branded critical path document for openings and conversions are developed and maintained.
- Provides input on the turnaround process for off-strategy hotels.
- Partners with A&C lead to ensure brand strategy is executed in design for new builds, conversions and renovations projects, including model room reviews.
- Provides guidance on design related aspects of experience programming (sensory experience elements, look books) and engages with the AVPs/ADOPs /hotels to execute.
Marketing & PR
- Oversees alignment and coordination with the Premium and Select brand marketing teams on strategies, platforms and programs.
- Partners with the HQ marketing organization to ensure customer facing brand communications, brand voice / collateral development, photography, etc. are executed according to brand standards.
- Supports the field marketing teams to execute compelling luxury brand promotions that drive revenue and PR buzz.
- Provides guidance in developing / nurturing brand partnerships that provide brand equity benefits and enhance the guest experience.
- Partner with the Continent SalesTeams as appropriate to ensure a coordinated Sales approach for all brands
- Ensures priorities are aligned with the brand and discipline goals. Protects and strengthens the brand’s competitive advantage by advocating for customer needs and preferences and supporting sound business decision-making for the brand.
- Ensures proper execution of customer event strategy in continent.
Growth & Development
- Partners with development as needed to support them in immersing prospective new owners into the brand, its strategies and positioning.
- Works with development team to produce toolkits and resources, conducts owner brand immersions and site visits to support development in securing on-strategy projects for the brand.
- Acts as the face of Premium and Select brands in the continent to ensure that potential development deals are on brand strategy.
- Drives the organizational alignment and accountability for successful outcomes of brand initiatives with the market, and other functional areas; ensures strategies address relevant stakeholder needs and competitive environment; executes accordingly.
- Works with other brand Leaders to ensure synergies are being maximized.
- Establishes and execute a communication platform for the brand with General Managers and other key hotel and market stakeholders.
- Creates informal mentor relationships with other brand representatives to create a climate of teamwork and learning.
- Drives initiatives and processes that maximize guest engagement results. Proactively partners with Regional team members to address systemic guest engagement issues at hotels.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Creative Expression - The ability to generate novel ideas or strategies, and to communicate them with unusual, clever, or novel methods.
- Brand Management -The ability to generate marketing strategies that create brand recognition and differentiation and ultimately have a positive impact on customer relationships and business profitability.
- Owner Relations - Building relationships with property owners that lead to positive branding and business results by anticipating and assessing needs, actively looking for ways to help, exceeding expectations for service, evaluating satisfaction for owners, and partnering on branding strategy implementation.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Brand Management
- Brand Marketing
- Business Plans
- C (Programming Language)
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Strategy
- Guest Experience
- Microsoft Word
- Product Management