- Customer Service
- Event Planner
Senior Director of Catering and Events APAC (Integration)
Location: CHN-China-Hong Kong-Asia/Pacif/Australia Region
Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that’s right for you. With more than 5700 properties and 30 brands you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
Leads the business evaluation activities and staff development in APAC for the Catering and Events discipline. Functions as the strategic business leader for the Catering and Event Management in APAC, including the departments of Event Planning, Banquets/Catering, Event Service and Event Technology and is responsible for communicating group strategy and evaluating all catering and event sales enhancement opportunities for the region. Ensures that revenue and profit is maximized and driven in the region, by effectively communicating new strategic opportunities to create value for the clients. Seeks and encourages innovation; challenges existing processes/systems/products to make improvements. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects for the catering and event departments. Evaluates the participation of properties in the various catering/event campaigns and develops strong relationships to maximize each properties benefit. Helps to enable development of property (brand) specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet objectives. Develops and implements strategies for catering and events that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s objectives.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, Food and Beverage or related major; 4 years’ experience in marketing, event management, or related professional area.
• Previous similar experiences supporting F&B above property position.
• 4 year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Food and Beverage or related major; 4 years’ experience in the catering and event sales/marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Developing and Executing Catering and Event Strategies
- business evaluation process.
- Managing Event Management Operations and Budgets
- Leading Event Management Teams
- Managing Profitability
- Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Building Successful Relationships
- Leading Discipline Teams
- Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Organizing and Managing Projects
- Managing and conducting Human Resource Activities, e.g. Workshops
- Pre-opening Support
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|