- Revenue Management
Manager, Revenue Management Field Support - China (Integration)
Location: CHN-China-Hong Kong-Asia/Pacif/Australia Region
Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that’s right for you. With more than 5700 properties and 30 brands you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
Provides support to the Director of Revenue Management Field Support, focusing on all matters related to Revenue Management for the continent across all brands including: training, field communications, promotions, annual budget process, special corporate pricing, One Yield, MARSHA, MRDW, etc. Provides discipline expertise to support revenue management associates in the development and execution of revenue management strategies. Identifies and coordinate training and education to further revenue management knowledge for all associates. Supports global and continent projects and initiatives as delegated by the Director of Revenue Management Field Support.
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, event management or front office area required.
- 2-year graduate degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, event management or front office area required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, English fluency is a must
- Detailed knowledge of current revenue management systems and tools (One Yield, MARSHA, MRDW, etc), including how to use them and how to apply results
- Good knowledge in both the technical and strategic processes (budgeting, pricing, etc) of Revenue Management
- Support participation and pull-through of Continent and Global promotions; working with other disciplines to ensure that promotions being developed address the business needs of the hotels in all markets; working with hotels to ensure participation in any promotion that makes sense for the hotel, and that promotions are set up and managed appropriately
- Support revenue management training in the Continent by identifying training needs and coordinating with continent and corporate resources to develop and deliver appropriate training
- Support continent and global revenue management projects and initiatives
- Delivers results and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure; engages in fixing the problem vs. just identifying the problem
- Demonstrated ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner
- Able to translate business needs into actions; ensures that all work is completed effectively; solves problems and monitors the progress of work against schedules and budgets; maintains high performance standards
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with a broad group of stakeholders in order to foster trust and influence key decisions
- Comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness
- Strategic and analytical thinker; makes decisions using data
- Comfortable with complexity, ambiguity and change; supports and manages positive change
- Innovative thinker; able to readily apply past learnings in new situations to generate solutions and/or create something entirely new
- Proactive approach to learning RM practices and concepts from other vendors or industries
- Knowledgeable on all MI hotel brands
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.