- Corporate Communications
- Internal Audit
- Internal Control
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Project Management
- Risk Management
Manager of Internal Audit (Integration)
Location: CHN-China-Hong Kong-Asia/Pacif/Australia Region
The Internal Audit Department provides Marriott with a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance. Internal Audit assesses and reports on Marriott’s network of controls, governance, and business and financial risk management processes, using a risk-based audit strategy.
This role is based in Hong Kong and will engage with multiple stakeholders and members of finance leadership across the organization. She/he will play a key role for ensuring that Marriott’s global controls, policies and procedures are maintained to the strictest standards. She/He must be adept at tapping diverse sources of information, identifying opportunities, anticipating challenges, and devising and executing strategies to deliver against current and future Internal Audit priorities, thereby strengthening Marriott’s competitive advantage through excellence in effective risk assessment and internal controls.
- Manage above property and property audits as scheduled, overseeing both internal and external resources.
- Assisting in investigations, including detection, investigation and documentation of findings.
- Responsible for assisting with developing and delivering training material used by third party service providers to execute service level agreements.
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with internal customers and third party service providers to ensure timely exchange of information with third party service providers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Leverage the use of business performance management skills - able to deploy and manage (use data to systemically monitor the progress of work against schedules, quality standards) resources, to achieve/exceed objectives in a dynamic operating environment.
- Monitor ongoing maintenance and effectiveness of department audit tools (i.e., facilitation software and Integrated Practice Management software). Research and prepare proposals for new tools that could increase effectiveness of the department.
- Assist with the development and execution of the annual risk assessment plan.
- Coordinate with the Internal Audit Director to manage publication of required reports (e.g. to the Legal Ethical Compliance Committee, Audit Committee).
- Serve as the Process Owner and Administrator for the audit workpaper tool and any other software used by the department to increase the effectiveness of the audit process.
- Partner with the iT organization to develop and facilitate delivery of information, tools, and resources that support Internal Audit’s efforts in ensuring a strong systems control environment. Utilize strong business performance management skills - able to deploy and manage (use data to systemically monitor the progress of work against schedules, budgets, and quality standards) resources, and to achieve/exceed objectives in a dynamic operating environment.
- Assist with the Compliance Risk and Internal Control Assessments; design, assess, enhance, implement and test compliance programs for internal controls.
- Champion excellence in business ethics and integrity, social responsibility, cross-cultural effectiveness, and associate engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in corporate internal audit or public accounting firm strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience supervising audits, or having substantial responsibility for major aspects of an audit program preferably in a large, multinational publicly traded company or a public accounting firm.
- Lodging/ hospitality industry experience highly desirable.
- Strong relationship builder; experience working with outsourced partner(s) in a way that is seamless to the organization.
- Collaborative approach with global market teams and business partners.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills. Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
- Operates with a collaborative mindset to ensure that key stakeholders are considered, eliminating the need for duplicate systems; builds strong relationships to leverage information and insights to anticipate and respond to project risks; communicates well with project team and other leaders.
- Strategic thinker; processes information through a strategic lens and applies tenants of systems thinking/theory to issues/assignments yielding the expected outcome or innovation.
- Demonstrates understanding of multiple functions, brands and businesses in order to respond more quickly and resourcefully to new demands and challenges.
- Strong data analytics; uses data and a cogent problem solving methodology in decision making and impact assessment.
- Strong and professional communications (verbal and written), organization and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of operating procedures, controls and governances.
- Effective decision-making skills, can choose a prompt course of action amongst options involving uncertainty or risk.
- University Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline.
- Member of a professional accountancy body (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA), IIA, CPA or CISA strongly preferred.
- Analytical skills and experience preferred.
- Project Management experience highly desirable.
- Local language skills preferred (e.g. Mandarin).
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Qualification||Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA), Chartered Accountant Qualification (ACA), Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA), Certified Internal Auditor, Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA/CIMA)|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|