- Financial Analysis
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Statements
- Microsoft Word
Manager, Financial Analysis (Integration)
Location: CHN-China-Hong Kong-Asia/Pacif/Australia Region
As a member of the APAC Financial Analysis & Strategic Planning the Manager, Financial Analysis will play an integral role in providing financial analysis support that enables APAC leadership to make business decisions that drive overall business results and create the most shareholder value. She/he will provide analytical support to Asset Management and Development Asset Management staff, Development and other Continent discipline leaders and other key stakeholders on key valuation issues for the Continent including: evaluation of potential new hotel development projects; analyzing profit and growth objectives as reflected in long range plans; and providing return on investment analysis to assess Continent business initiatives.
- Support the evaluation of potential new hotel development projects, financial analyses and valuations of proposed transactions and presenting to senior executives. Projects will be moderate in scope.
- Support the evaluation of the financial impact of alternative proposals/ workout resolutions.
- Monitor and interpret Continent performance against Long Range Plan in consultation with Continent Finance and other market leaders, in order to develop actionable financial/business recommendations and responses to optimize performance and drive growth and profitability.
- Provide return on investment analysis on Continent initiatives ensuring the right financial approaches and resources are brought to bear. Analysis focuses on gathering and synthesizing current state data, understanding and modeling future state proposals, and developing presentations that compare data, highlight risks and focuses on qualitative and quantitative issues.
- Support development of analyses for the Continent’s Long Range Plan.
- Support the evaluation of potential merger & acquisition opportunities within the Continent, financial analyses and valuations of proposed transactions and presenting to senior executives.
Key Talents and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience including complex data analysis and financial modeling
- Strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of technical corporate finance concepts (NPV, IRR, cost of capital)
- Strong spreadsheet skills, word processing, and presentation software skills
- Familiarity with financial concepts in hospitality is a plus (RevPAR, Flow-Thru, Margins)
- Ability to organize and interpret complex, detailed financial information and present analytical results in manner appropriate for senior management decision-making (both orally and in writing, in memos or presentation format)
- Strong accounting skills, particularly in analyzing financial statements
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment
communication skills, creating an environment allowing timely information flows
throughout the organization
Education and Professional Certification
- Baccalaureate degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline required
with a concentration in Finance/Accounting, strongly preferred
- This position will be based at Hong Kong APAC office.