Manager, Development Planning and Feasibility, Asia Pacific (Integration)
Location: CHN-China-Hong Kong-Hong Kong Development
Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that’s right for you. With more than 4400 properties and 19 brands you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 87 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
The Marriott Development Planning and Feasibility function in Asia Pacific focuses on providing competitive insights to
support the decision making process of various disciplines within the organization such as Development, Brand and
Operations. Primarily, the team is responsible for producing in-depth market and economic evaluations of potential
business opportunities for all Marriott lodging products in Asia Pacific to support the Company achieving its expansion
goals in new markets and long-range growth strategy.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Carry out market research and competitive assessment through conducting field work, site inspection and interviews
- Formulate brand & facilities program recommendations
- Conduct financial analyses & projections
- Author market study reports
- Conduct renovation and repositioning analyses for existing hotels
- Create Development Marketing materials
- Support new brand launch in APAC, conduct competitive landscape research and provide brand positioning recommendations
- Customize responses to RFPs
Strategic Review & Research
- Determining Development strategy for new brands/new markets
- Review projects post opening and other development strategies to draw learnings and recommend best practices going forward
- Case studies for repositioning and renovation
- Gather owner and real estate intelligence
- Gather industry and competitor intelligence
- M&A review
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 years of work experience in hotel consulting and/or development planning and feasibility.
- In-depth knowledge of the hotel industry, specifically of hotel brands and their market positioning.
- General understanding of the real estate industry, including hotel valuation and investment analysis.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the
- strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong Excel and financial modeling, written and verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively persuade and support a position in a professional manner.
- Executive presence with the ability to work with and present to all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional critical thinking, sound judgment, and strong business acumen.
- Keen attention-to-detail, high degree of initiative and resourcefulness, as well as a service-oriented attitude.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Strong command of English language
- Financial Modeling
- Investment Analysis
- Market Research
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Microsoft Excel