India Voyage Programme - Food & Beverage
Location: CHN-China-Hong Kong-Asia/Pacif/Australia Region
Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 18 brands you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
Job SummarySkills and Attributes
Voyage is Marriott International's global leadership development program for recent university graduates. The program offers a foundation of development, resources and support for future leaders of our company across our portfolio of brands. This innovative program is a combination of hands-on, discipline-specific training and leadership-focused curriculum all accessed through an innovative virtual environment. The 12-18 month duration of the program is designed to meet a Voyager's individual training needs. The training will take place at a Marriott International managed hotel.
Through the Voyage program, Voyagers will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in Marriott's rich culture and diverse portfolio of brands. Joining this elite group of future leaders will allow a Voyager to shape his or her career and expand their horizons. Learn firsthand how Marriott guides our global business and sets the standard for the hospitality industry.
Marriott's 12-18 month, full-time, paid leadership development program for recent university graduates offers a number of opportunities to enrich a Voyager's future career:
- Hands-on discipline-specific training to support individual interests. Areas of focus may include:
o Accounting & Financeo Human Resourceso Culinaryo Revenue Managemento Engineeringo Rooms Operationso Event Managemento Sales & Marketingo Food & Beverage Operations
- Immersion in the operations of an individual hotel
- Participation in our unique virtual portal which contains all program curriculum materials and connects Voyagers from around the globe
- Comprehensive understanding of the global scale of Marriott’s operations
- Exposure to and understanding of Marriott’s broad portfolio of global brands
- Opportunities to interact with and learn from Marriott’s global senior leadership
Voyagers that successfully complete the program will find an entry-level management or supervisory position that’s the best fit for them.
Want to learn more about the Voyage program? Go to myvoyageprogram.com.
Following are some of the skills and attributes that we are looking for in a Voyager:
- Leadership: Steps forward to address difficult issues and guides others toward the accomplishment of identified, meaningful goals
- Managing Work Execution: Ensures that all work is completed effectively; monitors the progress of work against schedules and budgets
- Building Relationships: Fosters relationships and works cooperatively in teams
- Learning and Applying Personal Expertise: Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal and professional growth; shares learning
- Focusing on Customer Needs: Meets customer needs by developing and maintaining relationships with both internal and external customers
- Managing Change: Supports, manages and initiates change within the organization
- Effective Communication: Asks questions as necessary to clarify message; actively listens and responds to co-workers; communicates clearly and articulately with individuals and groups
To be eligible, candidates must have graduated within the past 12 months or be currently enrolled in a college/university with an expected graduation date within 12 months.
To participate in the Voyage Program, permanent work authorization for the applicable country is required. We do not provide work authorizations so please be sure to have authorization before applying. The process is different in the Middle East and Africa – work with local authorities to acquire appropriate permits to work in a particular country.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Relationship Management