- Corporate Communications
- Crisis Management
- Desktop Publishing
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Purchase Orders
Executive, Communications - Korea (Integration)
Location: CHN-China-Hong Kong-Asia/Pacif/Australia Region
Assist in developing and implementing Brand and Corporate PR strategy for Marriott International Asia Pacific, to achieve top mind awareness and drive trial; as well as manage image of the company and brands in front of owners, customers and internal associates.
Education and Experience
- Tertiary Qualification in Marketing/Business/Communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 5 years marketing communications experience.
- Preferably an understanding of Marriott’s various work portals and how to access or utilize them effectively.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience and proven success at managing an integrated communications plan for multi-brands.
- Understanding of market segmentations analysis to determine communication strategies.
- Current Press Network at senior level, able to direct strategy and angles for media focus.
- Strong ability to adapt to a new environment and show flexibility in handling complex matters involving multiple parties.
- A problem solver and can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/personal presentation.
- Ability to deliver PR training in absence of Director.
- Quantitative/financial skills desirable.
- High level skills in word, excel, and power point usage. Desktop publishing skills desirable.
- Supports and assists in developing PR strategies to drive campaigns for brands, S&M, or F&B initiatives including assisting to drive PR in areas of B2B, loyalty programs and development.
- Creates PR toolkits for various brands/corporate initiatives.
- Utilizes editorial calendars of major trade or travel media to proactively pitch for news.
- Develops reports or summaries of media events and familiarization trips within Asia Pacific.
- Organizes and coordinates media events and familiarization trips within Asia Pacific.
- Develops joint promotions with business or media partners.
- Liaises for any media sponsorship and promotional activities.
- Maintains the currency of media lists in our region – trade, consumer, business (Online & Print).
- Produces Newsletters as required.
- Adds AP news to “What’s News” for distribution within AP.
- Writes tactical press releases to support regional, MICE, loyalty programs and F&B Initiatives.
- Maintains corporate press kits with up-to-ate fact sheets, boilerplates on Marriott, Brands as well as keeps updated information on new hotels and bio of key executives.
- Coordinates media activities and releases for Marriott (Expos, Hotel Openings, New Marketing Programs, Visits of Key Executives and Media Events, etc.).
- Is responsible for Crisis Management: Maintains an updated list of contacts of crisis management and Go Team. Updates Corporate Office regularly.
- Coordinates promotional and media activities for Marriott CSR partnership.
Tracking & Reporting
- Manages the tracking report of media impressions from hotels and divisional office. Prepares a monthly regional PR report.
- Tracks media clippings.
- Is responsible for Administrative tasks including purchase orders, coordinating contracts, submission of invoices etc.
- Maintains updated list of Hotel Marcom/PRs at current operating hotels and new hotels under development.
- Maintains and keeps track of budget for all AP PR activities/events/fam trips.
Training & Development
- Supports director in providing guidance and training for new member of PR team.
- Supports director in providing crisis training for Hotel PR team where necessary.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Qualification||Member, Instituted of Civil Engineers (MICE)|