Director of Revenue Management, Reservations and E Commerce - The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui
Location: CHN-China-Hong Kong-Asia/Pacif/Australia Region
This position is based in Koh Samui, Thailand
Responsible for managing and organizing the reservations department and responsible for implementing the reservation sales strategy and achieving segment revenue goals, property revenue goals and guest and employee satisfaction. Leads and manages all day-to-day activities related to the reservation sales function with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of reservations sales objectives. Achieves personal booking goals and makes recommendations on booking goals of direct reports. Focuses on continuous improvements through the reduction of defects, increasing guest satisfaction and maximizing profitability.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing & Executing Sales Strategies
• Works with sales leaders to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for reservations sales.
• Develops, implements and sustains aggressive solicitation program focused on increasing business.
• Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the DOS.
• Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
• Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
• Recommends booking goals for reservations sales team members.
Managing Reservations Sales Activities
• Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
• Participates in sales calls with members of reservations sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Ensures that the communications switchboard is attended to at all times and that sufficient staffing is present to meet the needs of daily business demands.
• Ensures that telephone, walkie-talkie and hand phone equipment is properly managed and maintained.
• Maintains room inventory availability and all financial aspect of room inventory.
Analyzing & Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
• Analyzes market information by using sales systems and implements strategy to achieve property’s financial room and catering goals.
• Assists Revenue Management with completing accurate six period projections, implementing rate restrictions, controlling of bookings, and critiquing of trends.
• Reviews sales and catering guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of department meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Ensures that a customer recognition program is in effect throughout Reservations Sales.
• Executes and supports customer service standards and property’s brand standards.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., , Market Sales, GSO) to ensure the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
• Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and/or union requirements.
• Attends customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build or develop key relationships with GSO Managers and customers.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Develops, implements and maintains a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Utilizes all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Revenue Management