Director of Human Resources - The Ritz-Carlton, Jiuzhaigou
Location: CHN-China-Hong Kong-Asia/Pacif/Australia Region
This position is based in Jiuzhaigou, China
The Director of Human Resources will report directly to the property General Manager, with a dotted-line (functional) reporting relationship to the Regional Senior Director of Human Resources and will be an integral member of the property executive committee. As a member of the Human Resources organization, he/she contributes a high level of human resource generalist knowledge and expertise for a designated property. He/she will be accountable for talent acquisition, succession/workforce planning, performance management and development for property employees, using technology efficiently, and coaching/developing others to help influence and execute business objectives in the most efficient manner. He/she generally works with considerable independence, developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives. Additionally, he/she utilizes a Human Resource Business Plan aligned with property and brand strategies to deliver HR services that enable business success.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing the Human Resources Strategy
• Executes and follows-up on engagement survey related activities.
• Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and region diversity strategy.
• Translates business priorities into property Human Resources strategies, plans and actions
• Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives at the property.
• Coordinates the human capital review process at property(s) and leads succession planning activities on property and in the market, as appropriate.
• Leads the assessment of property(s) leadership pipeline through the human capital review process and assists with follow-up.
• Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance outcome or control cost.
• Monitors effective use of myHR by property managers and employees.
• Leads and participates in succession management and workforce planning.
• Responsible for Human Resources strategy and execution.
• Serves as key change manager for initiatives that have high employee impact.
• Attends owners meetings as a member of the property executive committee and provides meaning or context to the Human Resources results (e.g., retention statistics, critical open positions, employee satisfaction, and training initiatives and results); and demonstrates an understanding of owner priorities.
• Supervises one or more on-property Human Resources, as well as market-based Human Resources Specialist type resources where appropriate.
Managing Staffing and Recruitment Process
• Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
• Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing process.
• Surfaces opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
• Makes staffing decisions to manage the talent cadre and pipeline at the property.
• Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation, benefits, etc.
• Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
• Ensures managers are competent in assessing and evaluating hourly staff.
Managing Employee Compensation Strategy
• Remains current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments.
• Leads the planning of the hourly employee total compensation strategy.
• Champions the communication and proper use of total compensation systems, tools, programs, policies, etc.
• Participates in quarterly internal equity analysis; reviews internal equity reports and surface issues needing resolution.
• Creates and implement s total compensation management packages/offers, particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property priorities.
Managing Staff Development Activities
• Ensures completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties’ Human Resources staff members, as outlined in applicable job description(s).
• Ensures property Human Resources staff is properly trained in all employee-related human resource information to appropriately respond to property employees.
• Serves as resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations questions and issues.
• Continually reinforces positive employee relations concepts.
- Employee Relations
- Succession Planning
- Talent Management