- Asset Allocation
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Statements
- Microsoft Word
- Project Finance
- Word Processing
Director, Financial Analysis (Integration)
Location: CHN-China-Hong Kong-Asia/Pacif/Australia Region
As a member of the APAC Asset Financial Analysis & Strategic Planning team, the Director will play an integral role in providing financial analysis support that enables the APAC leadership to make business decisions that drive overall business results and create the most shareholder value. She/he will provide single point accountability and/or leadership for projects of high risk and complexity for Asset Management and Development Asset Management staff, Development and other Continent discipline leaders and other key stakeholders on key valuation issues for the Continent including: evaluation of potential new hotel development projects; analyzing profit and growth objectives as reflected in long range plans; and providing return on investment analysis to assess Continent business initiatives. The Director, Financial Analysis will also supervise a team of manager(s) providing analytic and financial management support to the business.
As part of the Continent Finance organization, the Director, Financial Analysis will coordinate with and support multiple stakeholders including continent and corporate leadership and discipline teams (e.g. Development, Asset Management, GDAP, Project Finance, BMSC, Treasury, Tax) and external stakeholders. She/he must be adept at tapping diverse sources of information, anticipating challenges, and devising and executing approaches to deliver against current and future business priorities, thereby strengthening Marriott’s competitive advantage through excellence in financial management.
- Play a lead role in the evaluation of potential new hotel development projects, financial analyses and valuations of proposed transactions and presenting to senior executives. Represent the department at Hotel Development Committee.
- Lead and/or support the evaluation of the financial impact of alternative proposals/ workout resolutions including accurate pro forma generation, financial valuation, contract summarization, and situational analysis on portfolios.
- Monitor and interpret Continent performance against Continent’s Long Range Plan in consultation with Continent Finance and other market leaders. Support development of actionable financial/business recommendations and responses to optimize performance and drive growth and profitability. Contribute to the development of KPIs to create early warning system of business changes and risks.
- Lead and/or support development of analyses for the Continent’s Long Range Plan.
- Lead and/or provide return on investment analysis on Continent initiatives ensuring the right financial approaches and resources are brought to bear. Analysis focuses on gathering and synthesizing current state data, understanding and modeling future state proposals, and developing presentations that compare data, highlight risks and focuses on qualitative and quantitative issues.
- Lead and/or support the evaluation of potential merger & acquisition opportunities within the Continent accurately preparing pro formas, financial analyses and valuations of proposed transactions and presenting to senior executives.
- Contribute to review of global valuation methodology and support the annual update of valuation assumptions for use in global valuation models.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the Leadership Performance Process (LPP) and holds staff accountable for successful performance; coaches team by providing specific feedback to improve performance; conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports; and ensures the same occurs at lower levels of his/her organization. Partner with Human Resources to strengthen the organization performance by ensuring effective structures, processes, jobs, and tools are in place for associates to do their jobs effectively.
- Champion excellence in business ethics and integrity, social responsibility, cross-cultural effectiveness, and associate engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Key Talents and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience including complex data analysis and financial modeling
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management role; demonstrated success leading and developing others in a complex, service-intensive, deadline-driven environment.
- Lodging/hospitality industry experience strongly preferred.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills with proven understanding of economic valuation theories and processes; ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner appropriate for senior management decision-making; uses data and a cogent problem solving methodology in decision making and impact assessment.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in analyzing financial statements
- Strong spreadsheet (macro development, complex formulas), word processing, and presentation software skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing; listens to others and effectively comprehends information; creates an environment allowing timely information flows throughout the organization.
- Responsive; ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- Results oriented; delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure. Ability to assess, plan and get “the right priorities” done, on time and budget, at high quality levels; ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to consistently make decisions in a timely manner sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness.
- Solid leader of people; ability translate business priorities into actionable goals and objectives for staff; ability to motivate and develop staff.
- Ability to sell ideas persuasively; settles differences and wins concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful while remaining diplomatic.
- Operates with a collaborative mindset to ensure that key stakeholders are considered, eliminating the need for duplicate systems; builds strong relationships to leverage information and insights to anticipate and respond to project risks; communicates well with project and other leaders; openly shares and does not withhold information.
Education and Professional Certification
- Baccalaureate degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline required
- MBA with a
concentration in Finance/Accounting, strongly preferred
- This position will be based in Hong Kong APAC office.